Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,

so i bought the lexol cleaner and conditioner and used it on the weekend and my seats look identical, no shine or differnces in appearance...

has anyone else had this ...or did the product work for other people

·
Registered
274 Posts
I used the cleaner and conditioner, 5 months after buying the vehicle. The look of the seats did not change, but I did notice that the leather was softer and more supple.

I followed the directions on the bottle verbatium. I used 4 cotton towels for the process. 1) To scrub the cleaner into the leather in a circular pattern. 2) To wipe the excess cleaner off. 3) To massage the conditioner into the leather. 4) To wipe the excess conditioner off.

·
whAAAAht's happennin'
3,943 Posts
Seats aren't worn in enough for you to notice a "major" difference perhaps?

It's like when you (if you do, I certainly don't but have because I was bored) wash a clean car and apply a new coat of wax. Can't "really" see a difference right? (I'm not the stickler to detail, so I don't really notice).

·
RSXDriver thrice removed
9,990 Posts
Hate to state the obvious...but apparently they weren't dirty. Rarely need to use a cleaner, just apply a conditioner a few times a year. Just want to prevent them from drying out. Unless you happen to spill something on them.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i was just looking for it to give it a bit of a shine...kind of like what the vinylex does to the dash but not at the same extent

·
8th and final RSX summer!
1,016 Posts
I use meguiar's leather cleaner.. gives it a nice deep leather look, smells nice and leaves a nice feel to it for a few days...

I tried lexol, the armor all one and eagle one... for me, meguiars worked the best and seems like it protects pretty good, the passenger seat used to look a little bit crumpled, but since i started using meguiars, it looks good again

I

·
0 Posts
seats

Had my car 1 yr aug 3rd, I just got my drivers seat replaced, I was going to use some conditioner but now. I just asked for them to replace it and start with a fresh one since the side lumbar cracked badley and looked worn from me getting in and out. I need ideas on what product keeps my new seat from doing this? :dontknow:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts