Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok before i hear any flaming or whatever, i just want to say that i read this off another site and want opinions to see if this would work or not. To simply put it, this only works on small dings like door dings and such. your suppose to heat up the dented spot first, apply DRY ice on it with gloves, and its suppose to pop out the dent. . . . i was always under the impression that heat expands metal and cold shrinks it back. i dunno, some people said it worked.... any comments?

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did u try it before?

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
it's been used forever
but the sheet metal has to be hot though, so let it sit in the sun a while before attempting it, you'll get results that way ;)

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
yeah you actually neeed to heat the metal like witha a torch...just sittingin th sun wont get it hot enough

·
the dragon master
5,473 Posts
this is very insteresting, i think i might experiment with it, not in my type s though. my brother has an old sentra and i wonder if i heat it up with a hair dryer then dry ice would work. i'll give it a shot this weekend.

·
Premium Member
67,108 Posts
don't heat up the body panel with a torch, you'll ruin the paint.
If the sun hits hard enough, mostlikely in the summer, just let the car sit in the sun a couple hours, then rub the dry ice where you have the ding, the metal will come slowly come back to its original shape.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea, the forum where i read this on said let it sit in the sun, dont do anything else. someone lemme know how this goes.. well actually imma try it myself on some crap car. i'll report back how it goes once i get dry ice.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
uh oh, double post!

·
On The Way To N/A 12's
1,869 Posts
so this really works? I got to get some dry ice now.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.