Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is this wise? ive used it only one time with a sponge. dried with cotton towel..any negative effects?

·
Registered
573 Posts
acuRaSX said:
is this wise? ive used it only one time with a sponge. dried with cotton towel..any negative effects?
i use it all the time so does the shop i work at..its cheaper and it has alot more suds...and the soap is alot less potent..try washing you laundry with car wash i bet all the color would fade with one wash...

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i had nothing on hand at the time..i heard dish detergent is bad and ive been using laundry detergent on my other cars for many years..didnt really see anything bad..but im guessin i shouldnt use it anymore especially when im so paranoid about my rsx.

and slowdelsol, you bein sarcastic right

·
Registered
637 Posts
acuRaSX said:

I just don't understand why people do not just use CARWASH. It is cheap, formulated for use on paint, and works well.

FWIW, my granfather who lived through the depression would use tide to clean his wrecker. In less than five years the finish was chalky blue and had rust EVERYWHERE. Notice that this is Memphis, we don't have rust problems here.

Just go to wal-mart and buy the cheapest soap that you can find. The cheapest soap there will be better than using laundry detergent.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I use lava liquid

·
Registered
311 Posts
save the laundry detergent for clothes....plz don't use your car as a testing machine for something that no one's heard of doing before!!! Why not get Meguiars or something similar? It's only $6!!! I don't think you're that ghetto if you can afford an RSX that you have to use laundry detergent.

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
I hope this is a joke...anything other than a good car wash product is going to strip off wax and dull your finish.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
HudsonHawk said:
I hope this is a joke...anything other than a good car wash product is going to strip off wax and dull your finish.
:iamwiths:

Why risk your precious paint with such products? :dontknow:

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
Frosty said:
Laundry detergent...
Why is it people are always wanting to cover their cars in laundry detergent, toothpaste, bleach, baking powder, pam cooking spray... it's just flabbergasting.
Maybe because they are trying to get maximum use out of their everyday products? You got me.

"Hmm, my car needs to be waxed, maybe if I use the peanut oil residue from the peanut butter container I have here on my shelf, I'll be able to achieve a nice gloss on m'ride." :laughing:

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Frosty said:
... it's just flabbergasting.
Yes, this is a flabberghast! I am flabberghasted too! Ahhh, tis dredfully flabberghasting to be so flabberghasted by such a flabberghast! Flabberghasters!!!!! Booo! :laughing:

·
Long Member
5,429 Posts
Okay, that's enough tomfoolery...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts