Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever contemplated enabling one of the nitrous options as a safety tune?

Like set nitrous three to add 5% fuel across the board and retard ignition by 5 degrees across the board.

So in the event that your car starts running lean or starts knocking for what ever reason, arm nitrous three with what ever switch and have these parameters take over.

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
Are you actually using nitrous?

if not, then its worthless

if you are tuned, you wont have these problems, and lean protection will catch you from running lean anyway except if your o2 is shot

and to catch the knocking, you gotta keep your eye on that MIL light if you have it enabled

·
I can drive up your rsx
29,087 Posts
For all the money you've dumped into your motor Stitch why are u being a jew about getting a professional tune?

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you actually using nitrous?

if not, then its worthless

if you are tuned, you wont have these problems, and lean protection will catch you from running lean anyway except if your o2 is shot

and to catch the knocking, you gotta keep your eye on that MIL light if you have it enabled
Im not using nitrous, im talking about using one of them for something else.

For all the money you've dumped into your motor Stitch why are u being a jew about getting a professional tune?
It's not quite done... I'm not having it protuned twice. My car runs nicely and pulls hard. Using raz's excel sheet my cars has made increments in power with various things i've done.

Once i get my SSR, i'll be off to Evans. He's the only person i'll go to and i dont feel like making the 5 hour drive twice.

Plus, lean protection only works if your o2 sensor works... if that fails... then what?

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it fails, you get a CEL :p get it checked

and if you are tuned, you shouldn't be running lean anyway though..
suppose you get tuned but your temp compenstation is off... and it gets extremely cold or extremely hot. What happens when you drive to different places with different air density and elevation?

Pro tunes wont help that.

Your telling me you drive around with a laptop in your back seat ready to whip out for any problem you might encounter.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
the ECU still maintains closed loop operations and still trims the fuel.....unless u run open loop all the time.

extremely hot..it just means yer running richer. not that big a deal

extremely cold....u shouldn't be going WOT and driving aggressive on cold pavement anyway.....

·
www.magtuning.com
15,007 Posts
suppose you get tuned but your temp compenstation is off... and it gets extremely cold or extremely hot. What happens when you drive to different places with different air density and elevation?

Pro tunes wont help that.

Your telling me you drive around with a laptop in your back seat ready to whip out for any problem you might encounter.
sigh..

So you are telling me you are going to WOT with a busted primary o2?

As long as your o2 is functioning, then you won't have a problem with going lean

if you're sensor dies, then your CEL would come on... why you would continue to drive aggressively with a CEL is beyond me..

·
Soup to nuts
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sigh..

So you are telling me you are going to WOT with a busted primary o2?

As long as your o2 is functioning, then you won't have a problem with going lean

if you're sensor dies, then your CEL would come on... why you would continue to drive aggressively with a CEL is beyond me..
no, not necesarrily WOT, but if your o2 goes, and your cel does come on and you do need to drive it, your partial throttle closed loop will no longer work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.