Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my girl and I are planning a trip to Florida from Sat Oct 27 and returning Nov 4th. We are flying to Orlando (MCO). We plan to do 1 day in Seaworld, 3-4 days in Disney, and we have the remainder of the days to do some other things. We will have a car rental and I'm just wondering other than heading to the beach, is there anything else in Florida worth sight-seeing during that time?

Also, what is the weather like in the mid-fall season? I'm coming from NJ.

Any help appreciated.

·
I Am the Liquor
7,333 Posts
By the end of October, weather usually cools a little. Still hurricane season so rain, storms, et are always an option.

Most of us don't do a lot of sight-seeing I imagine :mam:

Definitely hit up the beach. There are a ton of things to do, restaurants, et down in the Disney area. Our downtown is also pretty nice but not a whole lot to do or see, just pretty chill for dinner and/or drinks.

·
Berlina
3,090 Posts
By the end of October, weather usually cools a little. Still hurricane season so rain, storms, et are always an option.

Most of us don't do a lot of sight-seeing I imagine :mam:

Definitely hit up the beach. There are a ton of things to do, restaurants, et down in the Disney area. Our downtown is also pretty nice but not a whole lot to do or see, just pretty chill for dinner and/or drinks.
we have the best beaches here, like siesta key down in sarasota, to beaches that have waves (what i actually care about bc i surf) on the east coast in the melbourne/cocoa area.

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Might just end up buying the disney package and extend it. They offering me 30% off a 5 day stay and I was thinking doing 8 nights/9 days. Of course 1 day I might just end up going to Seaworld instead. Not sure if 7 days would be too much for all the parks in Disney

·
I Am the Liquor
7,333 Posts
you're asking the wrong people, pretty sure most locals don't spend a lot of time visiting Disney (most of us avoid it).

I haven't been to Disney since I lived in WI 12 years ago. Planning on going back sometime this fall , though.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Some other good attraction, shopping, etc. Listed below:

1) International drive (I Drive) - restaurants, mini golf, premium outlets, steakhouses, tapa, pointe orlando, helicopter tours, wind tunnel, ripleys believe or not
2) dinner shows - mediaval times, arabian nights, sleuths, and sea world has a luau
3) millenia mall - high end stores, ikea, etc
4) downtown orlando - pubs, bars, nightclubs
5) beaches - daytona, cocoa, new syrmna, clearwater ( all require about a 1 to 3 hours commute depending)
6) downtown disney
7) universal studios & citywalk

Plenty more, Sir. Google and see if any peak your interest. Also, if you have any questions, post up and we can give you some more insight :thumbsup:

·
Not Plugged In
15,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some other good attraction, shopping, etc. Listed below:

1) International drive (I Drive) - restaurants, mini golf, premium outlets, steakhouses, tapa, pointe orlando, helicopter tours, wind tunnel, ripleys believe or not
2) dinner shows - mediaval times, arabian nights, sleuths, and sea world has a luau
3) millenia mall - high end stores, ikea, etc
4) downtown orlando - pubs, bars, nightclubs
5) beaches - daytona, cocoa, new syrmna, clearwater ( all require about a 1 to 3 hours commute depending)
6) downtown disney
7) universal studios & citywalk

Plenty more, Sir. Google and see if any peak your interest. Also, if you have any questions, post up and we can give you some more insight :thumbsup:
I know she would like to spend some time at the mall, definitely check out universal studios and seaworld, and obvious dinners/bars. How is Arabian Nights? What's that about? We have MTimes in NJ so no point doing that.

·
Registered
649 Posts
So my girl and I are planning a trip to Florida from Sat Oct 27 and returning Nov 4th. We are flying to Orlando (MCO). We plan to do 1 day in Seaworld, 3-4 days in Disney, and we have the remainder of the days to do some other things. We will have a car rental and I'm just wondering other than heading to the beach, is there anything else in Florida worth sight-seeing during that time?

Also, what is the weather like in the mid-fall season? I'm coming from NJ.

Any help appreciated.
check out the Kennedy Space Center if you find any interest in that stuff.

·
34 Posts
You should check out concerts that are going on in october and november at house of blues and hard rock cafe those are always fun.

Also depending on what you like we have some pretty good rock climbing places which are really fun.

uhm like others have said check out the restaurants, disney, islands of adventures, beaches, nightclubs and malls.

that should be it :thumbsup:

·
SuperJew
559 Posts
If she likes shopping we also have huge outlet malls, the Prime Outlets are full of higher end shops with decent prices. They are off of I drive and full of tourist. I bought my fiancée a Dooney and Bourke bag with matching wallet and clutch for about half of what the purse cost alone at retail level.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts