Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my remote display today for V1 and I'm pretty happy with the results. The unit is completely concealed and moves up and down with the door for one of the center console cubbies. All of the wires are hidden and the unit is attached with 3m adhesive

The picture was taken with a camera phone but you get the idea.

:beerchug:

Attachments

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts
i like it

·
Registered
16,470 Posts
Cops can't/don't care unless you're in Virginia I believe.

The actual detector is above the rear view mirror so even that isn't in plain site.
Ive had people get tickets for obstruction of view cuz of the radar...

btw i didnt get pulled over for speeding...so thats why my V1 was useless that night..

i got pulled for "loud muffler" :rotfl:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here are a few more pictures. This should clarify my entire V1 setup.

It starts above the rear view mirror. Power in form of a phone cable wraps down the A pillar into the Main Unit behind the glove box which I then hide so its out of the way. Also, behind the glove box the Main Unit is grounded to the frame up high behind the compartment. Out of the Main Unit comes the accessory power supply that goes to the remote display mounted anywhere. I tapped into the AC power next to the "Not an ashtray" thing in the other cubby.

The remote display, the phone cable as power, and the main unit are other reasons why the V1 is the best in my opinion.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts