Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam getting a VCN-2000 and i want to know how diffrent people have mounted they bottles, i want it hidden under where the spare tire is, if possible if anyone has this set up if they could email me or pm me and give me some tips or pictures, i really want it all flush and hidden. Well and imput would be great

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
YamaRSXtypeS said:
Iam getting a VCN-2000 and i want to know how diffrent people have mounted they bottles, i want it hidden under where the spare tire is, if possible if anyone has this set up if they could email me or pm me and give me some tips or pictures, i really want it all flush and hidden. Well and imput would be great
Shrink the pic in your sig please.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
TO do what you want you will have to remove the spare and that crappy bose thing that they call a sub-woofer. After it is mounted it will stick up about 2 inches at the highest point. What i'm doing in my car since im putting in a system is to build a false floor and rais it about 3 inches. That gives me enough room to flush in 2 amps and cut in a plexiglass window so you can see the bottle. I'll send pics if you want when it is finished.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
JAYSANT1 said:
TO do what you want you will have to remove the spare and that crappy bose thing that they call a sub-woofer. After it is mounted it will stick up about 2 inches at the highest point. What i'm doing in my car since im putting in a system is to build a false floor and rais it about 3 inches. That gives me enough room to flush in 2 amps and cut in a plexiglass window so you can see the bottle. I'll send pics if you want when it is finished.
It won't stick up 2 inches... mine doesn't... :dontknow:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The venom mounting brackets are a little bit higher thatn the NX ones. All i know is the Styrofoam cover won't sit right cause it's hitting the bottle. Some kits may be different.

·
Registered
7,410 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Vcn-2000

WarmPepsi said:

and learn to spell arctic....thanks :thumbsup:
Nice.

Also:

1) You do not need to use Venom's brackets.

2) You can cut out your foam to fit over the bottle. :rolleyes: (I did. :) )

Az

1 - 7 of 7 Posts