Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking at the modified mag january issue. And I saw this Venom NOS kit. I look at the prize($349.99) and its not bad and very affordable. And the bottle is not to big.

http://www.venom-performance.com/nf/html/recluse.htm

Do you guys think this kit is good for someone thats starting out ?

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have NOS, I am new to it, so I am thinking maybe its a good kit for newbies.

Oh BTW If I do 50shots using a 10oz bottle how many sprays can I get ? I am only gonna use it when racing my friends SRT-4 and WRX Impreza

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
If that. you'll probably go rich, and run the whole time rich.

you can't really control the temp with somethin that small.

with my 15lber, temp never changes, theres so much in it, that it doesn't effect it, but with that puny thing.... heh, nope :laughing:

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what about if I just get that kit, and get a different bottle. would that work ?

or what kind a kit do u suggest...

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
well, i was the one that was big on readin up on the venom kit. i was all over the 2000 and that was my main pick before i thought and realized one thing...... i'm trusting my car to their little computer. when spraying, it "controls" the injectors, and basically cuts the ecu off.

i said......umm no.

the simple wet kits are basically the same, they're generally fail-proof, with a few exceptions, and some bad installs. And they're not that rough to install. tap the fuel line, mount the bottle, mount the selenoids, run the feed line, run the power lines + switch, and tap where your nozzle will go (in my case, my dc cai)

it's not brain surgery, i assure you ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
what about if I just get that kit, and get a different bottle. would that work ?

or what kind a kit do u suggest...
why bother buying that and another bottle? It would just run you more money. Do some reading up and decide on what kit you want. The NX and NOS wet kits are identical, besides the brand label. Find a good deal, and get that one.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wet kit is for high power motors, I am just looking for a dry kit under 500 bucks. not counting the guages and other goodies I have to get w/ it.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
umm...... do some searching, alpha did a very owning explaination of why NOT to use dry.

regardless, venom says theres will work. i wouldn't trust my rsx to a universal computer :wavey:

have at it though, we all loved seeing az's #3 piston and the hole it created.

·
Registered
536 Posts
ok guys...
i am new to the NOS section of the forum... hardly look in here...

bu just recently i been interested in sprayin nos in an intercooler when i turbo... would this be a good kit to spray in the intercooler??

·
Registered
536 Posts
oh and since these recluse bottles are so small but yet so small of a shot... would it be able to somehow wire lets say 4 of them under the passenger seat or something... so that when one finishes then the others take over?

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats a good idea GAV, oh dang do u guys like the new look of CLUB RSX FORUMS? I think its awesome !

·
Registered
536 Posts
thanks man...

would it be a good idea to use this particular kit to spray in the intercooler???

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
welll, you could, but i believe the cost would make you realize that a normal 10lb is cheaper.

the kits to spray into the intercooler are around, but as i recall, it performed much lower than expected. been told it's a waste by anyone that has one.

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I ve been getting some negative comments from my friends about Nitrous, but I am thinking they're just making me feel bad cause I would smoke the Impreza with 50shot.

·
Registered
16,758 Posts
i don't entirely agree with that statement, and i'm even a pro-ponent of n2o.

you don't use n2o on a track (road course). the only time you use it, is to have some fun, in a straight line. i do agree, any car can go straight line fast, but turning is another issue.

cheating? i wouldn't say it's totally cheating, but it's cheating that will run out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts