Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody tried this on their RSX or any other car for that matter? it sounds great, a little pricey, but i dont mind. Fully programmable for whatever kind of a HP gain that you want.

think about it? how many prelude owners are going to know that you're spraying when you have it set on only 10-15 hp?:D

plus, since this is linkable to a pc, it gives me another reason to want one in my car.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have not personally used this, but Venom sponsors the drag cars at my shop and they claim it is amazing.

It should work nice for the RSX too, since it can increase the pulse width on the injectors, thereby making it a type of 'wet' system like we need.

They also told me that the tuning is amazing. They have one car setup to run the N2O like a turbo. It starts out gradually, then injects more as the throttle position is opened more. Very nice, since is runs off the sensor instead of using a WOT switch.

However, they tried to get VENOM to sponsor my RSX as well as their cars and VENOM said they already have an RSX and the kit is not complete and ready for sale yet. They told me maybe late spring. :jigglemad

·
Roody poo candy ass
303 Posts
If you guys want more info (not concerning the rsx, but about other people's experience with this product), you should check out other car clubs and forums and do searches. The general concensus from what I've read is that it seems to be one of the better nitrous kits out there and pretty much worth the extra $$$. The rest of the venom performance part line up is 99% garbage, though.
If I ever decide to use FI on my RSX (it'll be a while...), this is what I'd do.
onlyr6 let us know how it goes if you do get this kit on your car.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only r6- i thought the vcn 2000 was a "wet" kit?

then why would we have to have a "kit for the RSX"? wouldnt just any normal venom vcn 2k work with our car? if not, do tell.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can't claim that this is truth on stone, since I haven't seen this kit on the RSX, but I'll write what Venom told my shop.

The kit is not a 'wet' kit in the sense we normally use. It does not 'inject' fuel along with the N2O like a typical 'wet' system. What it uses is a piggy back computer (much like the PMS system from EFI) that monitors the stock sensors. Depending on how the system is tuned (via laptop computer or the supplied display panel) the piggy back computer will inject specified amounts of N20 at specific throttle positions and RPM. When it injects the N20, it compensates by increasing the pulse width on the injectors, therefore increasing the fuel ratio in the combustion chamber. With all this functionality, a fuel return line is simply not needed. But, you pay for it $$$ ;)

A typical 'wet' system should work fine on our RSX. Venom's claim with this system is simply that it is more gradual power, instead of simple on/off power like what is seen with a WOT switch.

Once again, I can't claim this as gospel, since I have not seen the RSX kit, but this is what I'm told. And VENOM claims their prototype kit is installed and we should see availability by summer.

Peace. :spin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts