Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Get smoked by a FIT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Front Brakes | Oil Change | Shifter Bushings | Grounding cables | E brake adjustment

All Videos are best Viewed Full screen

This is a DIY front brake job on a 2003 RSX type-S, This is a Guide and you should have some type of mechanical knowledge. Ephatch.com, Bap productions and ClubRsx.com are not resposible for any thing that could possibly go wrong with your car while working on your car or after any work is done by you.

All Videos are now at
most videos are still up here

I like this tool for getting into those hard to reach areas.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
i agree with the motor mount guide. but i just did my brakes yesterday. took me a total of 2hours (1.5hrs waiting on rotors to be resurfaced/turned) after watching this video. it was super easy, just something i was nervous about because i hadnt done before. this made it sooo easy though, great video guys.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
Jpax said:
This is a Video of how to tighten the E~brake. This was done on a RSX. Remove the center consol and gain access to the E brake area. now you can adjust the Ebrake.
Actually all you need to do is remove the rear cover. There are two screws at the bottom and you can firmly but gently disengage the tabs all around, then pull straight back to free the two pressure tabs connecting it to the console. Don't pull too violently though or you may damage the cord connected to the socket. Once the back cover is removed you can get right to the e-brake. Much less work :thumbsup:

These vids are great though! Very informative!

·
Registered
258 Posts
These are great, I just changed my brakes the other day, maybe would have taken me about 20 mins faster I would have had these videos, I didn't need to resurface my rotors though

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
RSXTREME_S said:
can someone tell me what i need to play the video for the front brakes? im having problems playing it...
It claims to be Windows Media but it's actually Real.

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
FYI, for the rears, you reset the caliper piston by rotating it CLOCKWISE. You can use a screwdriver to do this, just try not to damage anything. And make sure that the rubber boot stays in place. If the rubber rotates with the piston, back it up to the starting position and lube it with rubber grease. For the record, after 40K miles my caliper pins were still quite smooth and I didn't need to remove/lube them, but it's a good thing to check. The rears took me about 15 mins for the pair. Haven't done the fronts yet but that should be easy because we have a video :D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Jpax, i've been reading the boards for a while now and find that there are alot of people asking for diy tutorials on changing cams. Any possibility you could do one, or if you already have one to post it up. I know alot of us want to be able to save those extra $$$ to invest them in something else. Thanks for the other vids, VERY HELPFULL!!

1 - 20 of 118 Posts