Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whys that? Its a pretty normal thing here in California. Its actually a lot safer than strolling around at 5mph behind some van

·
¯\(º_o)/¯
5,574 Posts
whys that? Its a pretty normal thing here in California. Its actually a lot safer than strolling around at 5mph behind some van
1 car switching lanes the last second, or a door opening is all it takes to ruin your day.

Not sure how the drivers in cali are, but in nj, it seems like they have a personal vendetta against bikers. I've had to take off my fair share of mirrors.

Then again, Im just flat out too scared to ride on the streets, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 car switching lanes the last second, or a door opening is all it takes to ruin your day.

Not sure how the drivers in cali are, but in nj, it seems like they have a personal vendetta against bikers. I've had to take off my fair share of mirrors.

Then again, Im just flat out too scared to ride on the streets, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.
Yeah there are several drivers like that here too. Only thing you can do is get as far away from them as possible :(

·
I got Shit-Luck!
1,658 Posts
Lol that first video was nothing he was lucky that there was a carpool lane. So you get a alot more space then a carpool less one. Some of the older freeways that dont have the carpool lane. You got a inch or two between you with a bunch of guys drifting in the lane. The second video of the cutting off is the 110 freeway that goes through all the crappy parts of town Inglewood and such. Not surpised at how they cut him off like that they never look in there mirrors when they change lanes.

I had one experience last week. I was merging on to the freeway. These people were driving slow and tail gating each other. So im about to you pull into there lane. The guy speeds up and blocks me from getting into the lane. The freeway splits so im heading directly into the sign. So i pull into the lane next to the car.So I have to ride between the car and the lane divider on the left side. My tire falls into the ridge because they had the freeway raised. So i ride it out and get back into my lane.

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
I've actually had someone open there door as I was lane splitting. Good thing I was only going like 15mph because I was able to break before I slammed into the opened door. My screeching tires caught the guys attention, I open hand hit his door and just proceeded on my way.

8,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've actually had someone open there door as I was lane splitting. Good thing I was only going like 15mph because I was able to break before I slammed into the opened door. My screeching tires caught the guys attention, I open hand hit his door and just proceeded on my way.
if someone did that on me I would've gotten off and started kicking it

·
_PiLF
11,861 Posts
if someone did that on me I would've gotten off and started kicking it

Yea, I was pretty pissed. They were at a traffic light and I was splitting lanes to get to the front. Shit like that happens, people don't pay attention whats going on behind them especially the passenger.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.