Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have video on removing the ECU to be shipped to Hondata for a reflash. I didnt quite understand the step by step instruction on clubrsx. Its to short.

The last thing I wanna do is unscrew the wrong bolt or remove the wrong wire. Please help.

Thanks,
Rad

·
Registered
91 Posts
Acuraivtec said:
Does anyone here have video on removing the ECU to be shipped to Hondata for a reflash. I didnt quite understand the step by step instruction on clubrsx. Its to short.

The last thing I wanna do is unscrew the wrong bolt or remove the wrong wire. Please help.

Thanks,
Rad
Dude, its really easy have some confidence on yourself. Its a 15 min job tops. The toughest part is to disconnect the harness from the ecu because its hard to grab on them. Just unscrew the panel underneath the glove compartment. There you will see the ecu (its a rectangle thing). Then un bolt the ecu from its brackets, like three bolts, then remove the 3 harnesses from the ecu which is the toughest part of the whole process, but you will get it eventually. And thats it.

AK

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
666 Posts
I don't think there are even any other bolts for you to remove. Just look at the ecu, and it should be pretty self-explanatory. I removed the bolts first, then unplugged the harnesses. Just don't completely remove the back bolt, all you have to do is loosen the back one. The ECU will slide right off the rear bolt. It actually took me longer to get the immobilizer out than the ECU.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Come on man. You know there are plenty of us in south florida that can help you. Ill show you at moroso friday if youd like.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All right thx, but I still have to talk to John and see if its cool w/ him to leave my car at his place for 2-3 days.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
666 Posts
My copmputer should be at Hondata today, back tommorow. Moroso on wednesday, with Hondata and Nittos on the front. I'm having a hard time dealing with the 16.5 that I got last friday. So, I took measures to make sure it doesn't happen again... :laughing:

As for Moroso on a friday night....NEVER AGAIN! I got there around 7:45, and didn't get to run until almost midnight, 11:47 to be exact... :firemad: Just too many ppl. I guess you could treat it as more of a hang out than drag racing, just with a little break from socializing to scream down the track once in a while (or once, as was the case friday night). I'll stick to wednesdays thank you.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Sacrifice said:
My copmputer should be at Hondata today, back tommorow. Moroso on wednesday, with Hondata and Nittos on the front. I'm having a hard time dealing with the 16.5 that I got last friday. So, I took measures to make sure it doesn't happen again... :laughing:

As for Moroso on a friday night....NEVER AGAIN! I got there around 7:45, and didn't get to run until almost midnight, 11:47 to be exact... :firemad: Just too many ppl. I guess you could treat it as more of a hang out than drag racing, just with a little break from socializing to scream down the track once in a while (or once, as was the case friday night). I'll stick to wednesdays thank you.
Don't forget to let us know how you like it. Your gonna love it.

Anyway, thats really not what I want to hear about Moroso. Im getting there at 5:30 this Friday. If it gets too crowded Im leaving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.