Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

VIS Carbon Fiber Trunk

1K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  izerosll 
#1 ·
Does anyone have the CF trunk for Vis? If so, what do you think about it? Did It fit like the OEM trunk?

#2 ·
VIS makes a "Hatch" for our car. If they did I would question the fit.

#4 ·
There was one person on the board that was getting one put on like last week. I forgot his name on here. I hope he puts up some pics of the install. That CF hatch should shave off a good amount of wieght.

#8 ·
gamebred26 said:
is'nt the glass the heaviest part? i mean if you are going to do that get lexan, no? i mean how much weight can you be saving this way?
Weight reduction of any amount helps out. :driving: The CF hatch will eliminate some and the lexan window will cut out even more. As far as the total wieght difference, we will have to wait for izerosll to post the results of his VIS CF hatch. Maybe he has the wieghts of the OEM & CF hatches :thumbsup:

#18 ·
Well at the moment all I can really do is weight the stock hatch and go from there. I need to find a weigher before I do all this thou. ahaha.. The cf hatch was very light to the point where I could lift the hatch and carry it with one hand with little hassle. The stock hatch on the other hand was a bit more of work to handle. Rought guestimacation between the two would be stock 15-20 pds, cf hatch 5-10 pds. Both without the glass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.