Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my VIS Generation 2 OEM style CF hood installed today, fitment was alright, except... the PAssenger side of the hood towards the headlight, it's up by about 1/2 inch. is there a way that I can fix it without getting hood pins?

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
quick ot question, whats the diff between gen 1 and 2 oem hoods? i never knew such a thing existed!

anyways, did you adjust the hood when it was on the hinges? or you can always try playing around with the rubber stoppers on the passenger side if that doesnt seem to help. my hood was like that too but after awhile i had it settle down. good luck and have fun with the hood! :)

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
generation 2 is with the metal latches(adjustable and held in with 4 bolts), not the molded one... and i Have carbon fiber weaves on the backside of my hood as well.

·
Banned
5,808 Posts
Emy said:
they only way youll solve that is by getting hood pins, if you screw down the rubber thing on the passenger side, then the hood will have a little play and youll see it wooble on the freeway.. i kinda had it the same, and i got the pins and NOT a problem now, its just great ;)
You can fix it by adding washers.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
well i had some problems with them and the hood // i orderered my OEM first.. they said they sent it and then 1 week later theyre telling me it never got sent out cuz it was on backorder...so i got a good deal on the xtreme gt, it was $380 shipped :D and about the washers.. what did you mean? the stock ones? i already had them.. didnt do squad..after the pins .. total difference, ill post pics before/after

6,327 Posts
wizbiz86 said:
Damn I got ripped off. $540 shipped from trixracing.com and it took a month to deliver. But the hood looks sooo sweet.
damn bro are you serious?..nxt time call VIS directly,for some reason it depends on who you talk to,when i called in one time,the dude qouted me for about $350.00 + shipping,but the other time i called it was this old dude who picked up the phone,real cool,and even gave me some tips about how to take good care of em,which i didnt even asked anyhow he said "if you order now its $300.00 plus shipping"..i was paranoid i though he was gonna give me a defect one,but it was purfect.sorry im just bored. :laughing:

·
Go Lakers!!!
6,721 Posts
How do you guys think the C-Wings one compares to VIS?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts