Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rage With the Machines
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.....got one question....
I bought a VIS extreme gt hood off ebay and when I got it...it was in a VIS box and everything...wrapped in VIS plastic..looks awesome....
tonight a friend came by in his integra and had the same hood I have just for the integra...
I asked why he didnt have hood pins and he said he didnt need them because it was a VIS....
i looked at him funny because I supposedly have one and the latch isnt made of metal like his...its carbon or something...
his hood also had a VIS sticker on the bottom.....mine has nothing...should I be worried?
another thing....to the people who have VIS extreme GT hoods.....is yours like mine...and if it is...is it possible to have a body shop put on the metal latch?

·
Rage With the Machines
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol turns out it is a Real VIS...
it has the sticker but it doesnt have that foam stuff over the holes to prevent rain from seeping in....
and it latch is metal but looks flimsy compared to my friends hood on his integra...
i mean that shit looked raw...big metal chrome latch.....
i paid 550....hope i dont need friggen hood pins...that would suck...i think ill just email them and ask :yawn:
by the way...the hood is so beautiful.....gotta hand it to VIS...hope it fits :nervous:

·
Registered
415 Posts
RYU583 said:
lol turns out it is a Real VIS...
it has the sticker but it doesnt have that foam stuff over the holes to prevent rain from seeping in....
and it latch is metal but looks flimsy compared to my friends hood on his integra...
i mean that shit looked raw...big metal chrome latch.....
i paid 550....hope i dont need friggen hood pins...that would suck...i think ill just email them and ask :yawn:
by the way...the hood is so beautiful.....gotta hand it to VIS...hope it fits :nervous:
ouuch 550.. from ebay?? i got mine from ViS for 350 shipped.. and bout the hood pins i said the same, but when you gonna see the hood whooble on the freeway .. youll get them :laughing:

·
Registered
60 Posts
i finally got mine on, and at first it was wobbily, then i just messed with the rubber adjusters, and it made it tighter and no more wobble.... but i dont go over 70 on the highway anymore :thumbsdow

and 550.00 from ebay is alot... mine was supposed to be 420 shipped, but the company never charged my cc, so it was free i guess :thumbsup:

·
Registered
415 Posts
WykydFrost said:
i finally got mine on, and at first it was wobbily, then i just messed with the rubber adjusters, and it made it tighter and no more wobble.... but i dont go over 70 on the highway anymore :thumbsdow

and 550.00 from ebay is alot... mine was supposed to be 420 shipped, but the company never charged my cc, so it was free i guess :thumbsup:
goood deal ;) i dont go above 70 either.. since i got tagged.. but i got the hood pins so that way its secured.. no hood flying off my car :D

·
Rage With the Machines
919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haahahaa lemons...
thats great.............kinda scary huh emy...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.