Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to replace the lights for my RSX premium, but cant justify an HID unit.

I'm looking for better visability and I dont care for wanna be HID blue lights which serves little purpose.

I've seen many RSX's with Blue Vision and it seems to look blue and dimmer than stock.

Which one of the Phillips product give the best visibility closest to HID quality (mimic day light)?

Vision Plus or Blue Vision or Other Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

·
Mild LSD
2,324 Posts
I've seen many RSX's with Blue Vision and it seems to look blue and dimmer than stock.{/QUOTE]

I don't think those are Philips BlueVision bulbs then. BlueVision is NOT BLUE. Don't let then name fool you. In fact in other threads people complain that the BlueVision isn't blue enough for them. It's made with 30% brighter tech, but because of the filter it reduces the light a bit, but still brighter than stock.

Blue Visions are brighter than stock and dispite the name they are WHITE when compared to stock. On it's own, you wouldn't even know that the bulbs was replaced. VisionPlus is a lot brighter (95m vs 78m) but is more yellow. BlueVision is closest to day light, bright than stock but not as bright as VisionPlus.

So it's your choice: whiter colour with same or better than OEM brightness get BlueVision; want the brightest bulbs possible without over-wattage, get VisionPlus.

·
Mild LSD
2,324 Posts
i liked my cats h1 bulbs, but you cant beat HID
:iamwiths:
At our last meet we did some comparos. Real HIDs even makes the BlueVisions look yellow when compared side by side. So I'm not sure where anybody would get the idea that "BlueVisions are blue".

·
Registered
826 Posts
I was happy with my blue visions while they lasted (maybe 1 year). But i have given up and am going HID. I think its the best bet. I had a hella 8000k hid kit on the rsx before, and it was amazing. A little too blue, but when i got rid of them and went back to Blue Visions, i knew i wouldn't stay with them long. Go HID if u can justify it, its an upgrade u won't regret. You can pickup a McCulloch hid kit for 280US and up. Pretty good deal considering bulbs aren't the cheapest things around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts