Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just mailed vortech asking for any information about a supercharger for the RSX type S.... Hopefully they'll make it. The civic si one is pretty impressive.

I think we should all mail them so they can see some demand on it and so they make it :rolleyes: ... I know i'd buy one when I get my rsx. :D

SO MAIL VORTECH AND BOTHER THEM ABOUT IT!!!!:mad:

Vortech Engineering
1650 Pacific Avenue, Channel Islands, CA 93033-9901

email them here: [email protected]

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm just curious, how reliable is a supercharged/turbocharged car running a safe amount of boost? And how much does it effect fuel economy?

Sorry if the questions are dumb, I know nothing about forced induction :)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
sarcazmo69 said:
I'm just curious, how reliable is a supercharged/turbocharged car running a safe amount of boost? And how much does it effect fuel economy?

Sorry if the questions are dumb, I know nothing about forced induction :)
Its funny you ask that. I was reading an article before the official release of the kit for the Si about how they were floggin it and it blew up because of a bad fuel problem or something. Basically, if you want that much power, you gotta get a lot of extra fueling, clutch, and cooling upgrades. WHICH, that "277hp" happened to have, stuff not included in the kit. Promising yes, more expensive than labeled, DEFINATELY!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It probably costs a shitload also to get someone to install it also.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how hard is it exactly . . .

I mean, i went and read up on TurboChargers and how they work and all. The actual install doesn't seem that difficult, and I'm guessing a Super Charger would require even as much work since the are dubbed "Bolt-On". How hard is it to actualy put on a Sc or TC? What all would it entail and how are they differnt? Thx

And please... you can take your flamethrowers with you into the corner and "sit n spin"

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah

i forgot to ask... what would be a safe sized SC to run on an all stock Type-S before having to do any extra mods?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: So how hard is it exactly . . .

krackajackfoo said:
I mean, i went and read up on TurboChargers and how they work and all. The actual install doesn't seem that difficult, and I'm guessing a Super Charger would require even as much work since the are dubbed "Bolt-On". How hard is it to actualy put on a Sc or TC? What all would it entail and how are they differnt? Thx

And please... you can take your flamethrowers with you into the corner and "sit n spin"
It's not a hard installation as long you have an extra set of hands and the right tools. It all depends on how mechanically challenged you are. A lot people complains about the instryctions from JR not being to specific and detailed.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the Vortech isnt all its cracked up to be. Sure it makes great numbers, but examine the dynos and see where your powerband lyes. Its all top end. If you want a Vortech, get a turbo. All it is is a large turbo with parasitic loss and lotsa lag. For the price, you can get a Drag3 kit with a few upgrades. Like I said, all those #s are real impressive, but theyre all on the top end which makes real world driving not too practical. If you want a real expensive centrifugal SC system thats great for highway races, but not as effective as a turbo with a higher price tag, get the Vortech.

The JRSC install is a pain in the ass for GSRs...getting that intake manifold off should be a punishment for underhanded mechanics or something. The Vortech isnt as bad...there are a few rough spots but all in all its pretty simple.

And as for the TypeS, its hard to answer because no one knows the specifics of the kit. You will definitely be able to run the stock boost from the SC, but most likely for 8 and above youre going to need to look into fuel upgrades.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts