Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUS CALLED VORTECH TODAY THEY WILL NOT BE MAKING A SUPERCHARGER FOR THE RSX BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH ROOM IN THE ENGINE BAY:dontknow: ...THATS WHAT THEY TOLD ME????????

M

·
0 Posts
:shooting: vortech is stupid, there is enuff room in the engine bay, if there wasnt then why would jackson be able to make one :confused:

·
for me to poop on!
1,603 Posts
MxnRaceBoy said:
:shooting: vortech is stupid, there is enuff room in the engine bay, if there wasnt then why would jackson be able to make one :confused:
Because they use two completely different types of superchargers. JR uses an Eaton type and Vortech uses centrifugal type superchargers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you also relocate the battery? Just a thought.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It will fit if you remove the stock air box with a few modifications to the engine compartment. It could look like this if you flip the picture horizontaly and verticaly I think.:dontknow:

·
Registered
81 Posts
this pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the vortech SC have to be bolted on next to the pulleys which is on the left side of our motor? cuz the sc has a pulley that goes with the motor as well, so if u put it next to the air box space, it does nothing

·
Master Member Modulator
5,229 Posts
SuPaNooK said:
correct me if im wrong but doesnt the vortech SC have to be bolted on next to the pulleys which is on the left side of our motor? cuz the sc has a pulley that goes with the motor as well, so if u put it next to the air box space, it does nothing
You're partially correct. The supercharger does have to connect to the engine via a belt/pulley at some point. However, with 4cyl (like the B series pic above) the actual blower resides on the intake side, and is connected to the pulley side of the engine via horizontally mounted driveshaft. In theory the same application could be used on the K series, but it would tricky since there is not much room for an additional drive pulley on the front-left side of the engine bay.

Craig:)

·
Registered
81 Posts
JAXrsx said:
You're partially correct. The supercharger does have to connect to the engine via a belt/pulley at some point. However, with 4cyl (like the B series pic above) the actual blower resides on the intake side, and is connected to the pulley side of the engine via horizontally mounted driveshaft. In theory the same application could be used on the K series, but it would tricky since there is not much room for an additional drive pulley on the front-left side of the engine bay.

Craig:)
Thats exatly what I was going to say next. OK, maybe not but thanks for clearing that up:)

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
ahh icic...interesting....
so i guess vortech either has to find replacement areas for a bunch of stuff or they just arent gonna be able to do it...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts