Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
HI2U
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i found out that my vtec is dieing and in need of some help. I think i need a motor flush and a tune up ( new spark plugs, etc. ) is that all? I just chanegd my oil today and it still doesnt pull. Any other reasons?

·
Registered
592 Posts
What is this "pull" you guys are referring to? Define this "pull" because, honestly, even when VTEC engages, I dont feel any pull but I can clearly hear the engine screaming louder.

Do you have any mods?

·
Registered
848 Posts
Do you have a CEL?? Is is going into vtec?? If it's not check your oil. Vtec will not engage if you really low on oil. Our plugs are good for 100k miles.

Otherwise you've just gotten used to the car. Time to mod.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Do you have a CEL?? Is is going into vtec?? If it's not check your oil. Vtec will not engage if you really low on oil. Our plugs are good for 100k miles.

Otherwise you've just gotten used to the car. Time to mod.
I dont think its oil, he said he just changed the oil. But I agree, I think its time to start modding.. and hes just gotten used to the car. If no CEL, I dont see what the problem can be, unless hes more specific with mods and stuff. Our cars are slow either with VTEC "pulling" or not.. mod it.

·
Registered
612 Posts
yea, i dont really feel it pull it just screams. but if im in like 4th gear and floor it while the rpms are around 3k, i can feel it pull harder right when it reaches vtec.

·
HI2U
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
no mods but i got two buddies of mine that had exp with rsx and they said that it wont pull as hard as others. and the ones they tested only had a CAI but it pulls alright. And one of my buddy said that once he changed his spark plugs/wires his shit started pulling but that was an LS so i guess i should get a compression test then

·
Thug Life
2,231 Posts
It could be the weather. The car is gonna perform better in colder weather. It's starting to heat up now so the car prolly just feels slower to you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts