Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my a3 has been boosted for over 25,000kms of dd use with no VTC issues at all it was just very sluggish in the top end like 5500 - limiter was painful

so i decided to switch out the horrible 3 piece plastic intake manifold for a RBB 2 piece off the floor and put A2 cams with 2 sets of a3 exhaust rockers and replaced the tensioner with a new factory one

now the car is stronger than ever from 5500-7500 it is Great but below that it is comically slow and then it just totally turns on. the problem i have found is that i have a vtc phase gap code and my actual cam angle is Zero and stays there and my maps stay at the zero degrees I used the a3 cam Gears And sensor trigger things when i did the cam swap is that where i went wrong ? am i off a tooth on the timing chain or something ? any advice would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update in case anyone reads this and cares. ... I messed up the VTC gear during install ...the timing was fine changed the gear, got my cam angles back found all the power from my dreams and threw #3 rod on 22psi all in 1 day haha. Swapped for a stock k24a4 with gt35 turbo I wish I had done that a looking time ago

1 - 2 of 2 Posts