Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i drive a 02 rsx type s. i did an oil change and changed the spark plugs. I always run with Royal Purple with the K&N oil filter. I usually use NGK plugs but i decided to try out bosch. I cranked the car on once i was done and noticed that the car sounded different and drove very sluggish and vtec doesnt engage anymore. It threw a CEL, took it to o' reilly's and it was for the camshaft position sensor which i replaced both. Took it to autozone and they said it was the variable valve timing control phase gap malfunction but they said i should try to start by swapping back to NGK plugs. So far, i've changed both camshaft positioning sensors and the plugs and is still running the same. Has anyone ever experienced this? Any ideas on what might needs to be changed? I would love the help. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds like it's pulling a bunch of timing. Maybe it's a VTC issue? I'm new to the K series maybe a more educated member can chime in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually am as well. Im actually still kinda new to the whole car game. Thats why i started an account here to try and learn a bit more. I'm hoping someone can help me out. I appreciate it though bro.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts