Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start to notice it more and more when i drive that vtec doesnt engage at 5200 but around 57-5900 RPM... i can also take my car to 8800 RPM, could this be that the tach is off or did i fucked over with the wrong reprogram??? any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated b/c my car pisses me off more and more with its poor performance after i got hondata...

·
ECU Tuner
3,588 Posts
K20AllMotor said:
I start to notice it more and more when i drive that vtec doesnt engage at 5200 but around 57-5900 RPM... i can also take my car to 8800 RPM, could this be that the tach is off or did i fucked over with the wrong reprogram??? any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated b/c my car pisses me off more and more with its poor performance after i got hondata...
I'd say if you can take the car to 8800 rpm that means two things: 1) the Hondata reflash IS there and 2) your tachometer is off a bit. Actual fuel cutoff is probably at exactly 8,600.

As for VTEC, with your mods it is entirely possible that you barely feel the VTEC point at all and the engine doesn't even sound different. It's even possible that you feel like it's slower because of that. I, too, can no longer feel the VTEC point at all, but I know the car is considerably faster because my K-Pro logs show it. You should definitely have over 20 extra ponies under the hood at around 5,800 rpm.

A computer program is just that. Either it's there and works, or it doesn't. It's digital. There's no way it's there just a little, or just part of it. A dyno run that compares before and after usually reveals the actual facts.

If you feel something went wrong, then by all means call Hondata.

·
Registered
91 Posts
There is one thing i i know is that the rpm gauge is definitelly little bit off in my car. It shows actually more than what the reaity. I realised this through datalogging. In the dash when i data logged i see around 8200 rpm. Then i look at the datalog it only revved till 8000 rpm. I think sometime ago, even hondata said that the tach is off a little, and the rpm in the datlog is actually more accurate. Some one will correct me if i am wrong.

AK

·
Vendor
935 Posts
K20AllMotor said:
I start to notice it more and more when i drive that vtec doesnt engage at 5200 but around 57-5900 RPM... i can also take my car to 8800 RPM, could this be that the tach is off
Your Tach is off. (so is mine)

Secondly, we modified the #4 flash to incorporate a VTEC window. At full throttle it switches closer to 5200 rpm and at part throttle switches closer to 5800 rpm. As you drive the car up in altitude the VTEC switch point increases. This is both best for performance and reduces part throttle dips crossing into VTEC.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hondata said:
Your Tach is off. (so is mine)

Secondly, we modified the #4 flash to incorporate a VTEC window. At full throttle it switches closer to 5200 rpm and at part throttle switches closer to 5800 rpm. As you drive the car up in altitude the VTEC switch point increases. This is both best for performance and reduces part throttle dips crossing into VTEC.
did u modify flash #4 for cold start timing too?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.