Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been covered before; tried searching but didn't see anything that was exactly what I was looking for...

Basically, I just want to add an Aux-in via a 3.5mm jack to play an iPod (or Android phone, or other MP3 player, etc).

I know people on this forum have recommended the Blitzsafe products before and they seem good to me, but I'm a little confused as to one one I need specifically:
http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/honda/civic/1999-2005/cat_269.html

Also, it looks like I'm going to have to purchase the RCA to 3.5mm adaptor separately, correct?

And one last thing, my plan was to drill a tiny hole at the back of the little cubby beneath the stereo and feed the wire in that way. Anyone else do this with success?

-Fooj

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've done the hole in the back of the cubby, but I have Aux in's and found it's nicer to run them under your cup holder if you can. HTH~!

·
Registered
678 Posts
damn for that money, you can just get a new head unit that comes with an aux and a usb port right on the front. (not to mention an aftermarket headunit will sound better than the oem unit.)
just dont see the point in that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
bluetooth audio ftw :)
Pioneer has a legit head unit that comes with all bluetooth goodies.
my iphone connects wirelessy when i get in, and plays the music from my itunes library without me having to pull it out of my pocket :thumbsup: now THATS clean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bluetooth audio ftw :)
Pioneer has a legit head unit that comes with all bluetooth goodies.
my iphone connects wirelessy when i get in, and plays the music from my itunes library without me having to pull it out of my pocket :thumbsup: now THATS clean
I looked into those, still thinking about it actually. While it wouldn't really do much for my 1st gen iPod Touch, it would be really convenient for hands-free phone use (Droid).

But I'm mostly interested in maintaining as much OEM equipment in the car, in case I need to sell it in the next few years.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Master DIY'er in training
1,630 Posts
Thanks! Might go with that one, but is there one out of that list that I can use with a 3.5mm plug? I don't know whether I'll be getting a new phone/mp3 player in the future and would like to maintain as much flexibility as possible.
Yes sir! You get that blitz safe Interface connector and you can use that black plug to plug into your iPod.

And then this can plug into the black wire coming out of the blitz safe box

You can get that cord here
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECLIPSE-AUX-105-3-5MM-1-8-AUDIO-JACK-INPUT-iPOD-MP3-/260767454916

The other route you could go is to get an aftermarket head unit and just buy an aux cord.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts