Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Want to add an aux-in

Tags
add auxin
4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  our guile 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been covered before; tried searching but didn't see anything that was exactly what I was looking for...

Basically, I just want to add an Aux-in via a 3.5mm jack to play an iPod (or Android phone, or other MP3 player, etc).

I know people on this forum have recommended the Blitzsafe products before and they seem good to me, but I'm a little confused as to one one I need specifically:
http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/honda/civic/1999-2005/cat_269.html

Also, it looks like I'm going to have to purchase the RCA to 3.5mm adaptor separately, correct?

And one last thing, my plan was to drill a tiny hole at the back of the little cubby beneath the stereo and feed the wire in that way. Anyone else do this with success?

-Fooj

#6 ·
I looked into those, still thinking about it actually. While it wouldn't really do much for my 1st gen iPod Touch, it would be really convenient for hands-free phone use (Droid).

But I'm mostly interested in maintaining as much OEM equipment in the car, in case I need to sell it in the next few years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.