Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yo guys i have done tons of reading and seaches adn i have a few questions and need some advice. I dont have alot of mods on my car. typical, CAI, greddy evo exhuast, hondata IMG, springs, SS kit. i have a type-s and was just going to get hondata #4 but feel that it might not saitsfy my needs. i have recently come across some cash and was thinking of giong FI. i was thinking going with the JRSC street version and then upgrade to race then get race upgrade. but turbo does appeal to me too. what would you recomondations be? also im probably not going to get header would i be losing a lot of power? also i dont race i just like my car to be fast so there wont be any launching or anything, can get away with the stock clutch for a little while? i only have about 9000 miles on my car. let me know your guys opinions and suggestions. and if there is anything else i should be looking at. thanks everyone for the help in adnvance.

·
6,734 Posts
Well, you don't ask alot do you. Many of the topics have/are covered in the Stickies for this topic. But, I will enlighten you. I am losing some power with stock header/cat. I still have the stock clutch and everything is fine. Instant power from off idle to max rpm is the JRSC. Unbelievable power that has more upgrades and potential is turbo all the way. The JRSC comes in street and race. There is a 7psi boost upgrade but it is not another race upgrade. Daily driver is what my RSX is and it is very fast. If you are not boosting it is a N/A Type S. But if you put your foot down it become 3.0L of living hell with a scream that will scare a banshee to death!! Anyway, you get what you want. In the end it will be a personal decision that you have to make. Don't let anyone make up your mind, that way you won't be disappointed. Life is yours!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah man i have lead alot of posts by you....i was thinking of giong withthe street version and then upgrading from there. you are running the race pully and you have the stock clutch? will i need and LSD?

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
MightyMouse said:
yo guys i have done tons of reading and seaches adn i have a few questions and need some advice. I dont have alot of mods on my car. typical, CAI, greddy evo exhuast, hondata IMG, springs, SS kit. i have a type-s and was just going to get hondata #4 but feel that it might not saitsfy my needs. i have recently come across some cash and was thinking of giong FI. i was thinking going with the JRSC street version and then upgrade to race then get race upgrade. but turbo does appeal to me too. what would you recomondations be? also im probably not going to get header would i be losing a lot of power? also i dont race i just like my car to be fast so there wont be any launching or anything, can get away with the stock clutch for a little while? i only have about 9000 miles on my car. let me know your guys opinions and suggestions. and if there is anything else i should be looking at. thanks everyone for the help in adnvance.
I most likely will go the same route as you, if I decide on the JRSC. On the street kit, your clutch should be fine for a little while, but eventually you will need one. The thing I dont really like about going the n/a route is it seems like it is very hard to get some decent torque, and to me thats the onlt thing this car is missing. Im not sure I have seen any n/a car on CRSX dyno with 200+ torque at the wheels and if there are any, they are very few and far between. Im looking at making around 300hp at the wheels, and right now you cant do that n/a for a practical price.N/A will always cost lots more, but you can piece everything together slowly instead of dumping 3K+ at one time, and I feel it is much more rewarding. 200=whp n/a is a nice number, but i see people throwing around the term "n/a beast" and it just makes me laugh. With all the recent cars that have come out/comming out soon 200whp isnt really going to cut it.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also will i need new spark plugs o anything? i just want to know if i get the street version what will i need and what else will i need as i upgrade the kit.

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
wdsonny said:
Well, you don't ask alot do you. Many of the topics have/are covered in the Stickies for this topic. But, I will enlighten you. I am losing some power with stock header/cat. I still have the stock clutch and everything is fine. Instant power from off idle to max rpm is the JRSC. Unbelievable power that has more upgrades and potential is turbo all the way. The JRSC comes in street and race. There is a 7psi boost upgrade but it is not another race upgrade. Daily driver is what my RSX is and it is very fast. If you are not boosting it is a N/A Type S. But if you put your foot down it become 3.0L of living hell with a scream that will scare a banshee to death!! Anyway, you get what you want. In the end it will be a personal decision that you have to make. Don't let anyone make up your mind, that way you won't be disappointed. Life is yours!
How do u think traction problems are with the S/C compared to a turbo are, if u have driven a turbo S with around the same whp?

·
Banned
6,512 Posts
MightyMouse said:
yeah man i have lead alot of posts by you....i was thinking of giong withthe street version and then upgrading from there. you are running the race pully and you have the stock clutch? will i need and LSD?
LSD is a handling/cornering mod, so you have to decide that for yourself. It is not "needed" so to speak.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i think i def want to go JRSC i hear nothing but good things, it also seems the most reliable way of going FI. just curious if there is anything else is should know or i am gonna need.

·
6,734 Posts
All of those questions will be answered in time with your setup. You may want to invest in a "colder" plug. If you have read up on Steve Lloyd and myself with mateo then you have just about every piece of information. Stock header/cat I am losing about 25-30WHP estimated. I am not sure so don't start with me. I have other projects going on right now. New header/no cat are coming, just not at the moment. I have had the JRSC Race kit since October last year and I have no problems with my clutch. It feels the same now as it did when I bough the car. I have driven two Greddy turbo'ed cars. I will say the turbo'ed cars are fast. No doubts about that. But, I like driveability rather than mind numbing power. TuscsonRSX's car is FAST as balls but it is a rough ride. My opinion of course. If I had it to do all over again, I would probably go turbo, but I don't like tweaking settings all the time so S/C was for me.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i just want a fast daily driver? will i need the new plugs right away with the street version? and how have your belts held up? last question and thanks for the help. hopefully i will be boosted by the end of april

·
Mike Ock
4,305 Posts
MightyMouse said:
yeah i just want a fast daily driver? will i need the new plugs right away with the street version? and how have your belts held up? last question and thanks for the help. hopefully i will be boosted by the end of april
Ok I don't have turbo or SC, but I've worked on many many cars. How long the stock clutch last, is all about you. The sc or turbo will make a some difference. I'm saying this because it's all about how you drive. Some people will drive real hard on their car. like shifting about 7-8 k. I've had friends using stock clutches on a greddy turbo. it worked fine. it's all about how you drive. I'm pretty sure that the life span of the clutch won't be as long but if you add that many hp what would? I'm actually in the dilema of n/a and turbo as well. I actually just got the Type R exhuast manifold and a mugen twin loop. I'm going to see what numbers I can get from that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts