Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 2002 rsx base model, anyone know any mufflers that produce a darker tone? dont want a catback or anything kinda just want a muffler. and i dont want it obnoxiously loud just want it to make a bit of noise. thanks!

· Registered
16 Posts
Honestly just hop on craigslist and facebook market, I've found some steals on some really nice parts. You can probably pick up an axle back or even a cat back for cheaper than it would cost you to buy and fabricate a muffler onto the stock piping, and as an added bonus you might gain a couple horses.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly just hop on craigslist and facebook market, I've found some steals on some really nice parts. You can probably pick up an axle back or even a cat back for cheaper than it would cost you to buy and fabricate a muffler onto the stock piping, and as an added bonus you might gain a couple horses.
the thing is idk what to look for. like are they a certain size?

· WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
2,072 Posts
Hrmm. Muffler is really your only choice then. Or a shitty eBay catback, which I do not recommend. If you can spare $400, I'd recommend a Yonaka catback.

Reactions: S4bin

· Registered
283 Posts
yea that was the exact catback i was looking at cuz someone recommended it to me on another post. 400 is just a lot of money lol.
I say go on FB marketplace and buy a used muffler or catback. Since your budget is only 200, I'd just get a muffler that doesn't need to be cut so you can go back to stock if you don't like it.

· I can see clearly now
487 Posts
Mugen

· WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
2,072 Posts
yea that was the exact catback i was looking at cuz someone recommended it to me on another post. 400 is just a lot of money lol.
I get that, but if you can afford $200 now, can't you save for a month or two and then afford $400? I mean yeah, you can just get yourself a noisy muffler if that's all you truly want, but with the Yonaka, you'll get the sound you're looking for, a little extra oomph power wise, and a nice stainless steel exhaust system that will last as long as you own the car and beyond. That's the route I'd go, but its up to you...

Reactions: S4bin

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I get that, but if you can afford $200 now, can't you save for a month or two and then afford $400? I mean yeah, you can just get yourself a noisy muffler if that's all you truly want, but with the Yonaka, you'll get the sound you're looking for, a little extra oomph power wise, and a nice stainless steel exhaust system that will last as long as you own the car and beyond. That's the route I'd go, but its up to you...
ah okay i get what ur saying. thanks for the advice bro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts