Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
We are direct with CT engineering, you just have to be willing to wait for the kits as they take a couple months to get made and ship out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are direct with CT engineering, you just have to be willing to wait for the kits as they take a couple months to get made and ship out.
Okay thanks. I also saw there was a wait time for a turbo kit since it gets shipped from overseas. I just wasn't sure if it was legit or not.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are they still in business? I've emailed them but no reply. It sends an automatic reply each time.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We can get them and save you money. Let me know when you are ready to order and what kit and I will send you a link.
I think I'm ready! I plan on staying at 5lbs with the base kit with reflash for 05-06 Type-S. Does that mean I just install the kit and BAM! It'll instantly be at around 220WHP+- without Kpro?

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
We can get them and save you money. Let me know when you are ready to order and what kit and I will send you a link.
I think I'm ready! I plan on staying at 5lbs with the base kit with reflash for 05-06 Type-S. Does that mean I just install the kit and BAM! It'll instantly be at around 220WHP+- without Kpro?
Trust me, you will want more than just 5lbs of boost. It's best to make the initial investment to allow room for growth in the future.

With that, either kpro or ktuner would be highly recommended. You are about to spend over $3k+, so I highly recommend allowing the ability to grow... A simple pulley swap can increase HP by 20+ whp when tuned

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trust me, you will want more than just 5lbs of boost. It's best to make the initial investment to allow room for growth in the future.

With that, either kpro or ktuner would be highly recommended. You are about to spend over $3k+, so I highly recommend allowing the ability to grow... A simple pulley swap can increase HP by 20+ whp when tuned
I do want to hit atleast 250-270. My car feels quick enough, but I can only imagine how it would feel with more power. I've never been in a fast car so I can only imagine lol. I'm also not trying to learn a new clutch but I guess I have to with added power. Is a stage 2 or 1.5 really that much harder than OEM?

·
Past Driver’s Ed
517 Posts
I do want to hit atleast 250-270. My car feels quick enough, but I can only imagine how it would feel with more power. I've never been in a fast car so I can only imagine lol. I'm also not trying to learn a new clutch but I guess I have to with added power. Is a stage 2 or 1.5 really that much harder than OEM?
Trust me the need for more horsepower is very addictive. For most drivers once you catch the fever you always want more. You might as well start saving for a programmable ECU so you can reliably manage the extra horsepower with a good tune.

For me, being that it is a hydraulic clutch the force required to push the pedal in feels the same. How the clutch engages “grabs” with the flywheel is very similar. Now a Stage 4 clutch is less forgiving. It's either engaged or not and requires you to focus on your pedal foot work a lot more in stop and go traffic. I would not recommend a Stage 4 clutch unless you are planning to make a LOT of horsepower.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Would running the 3.6" pulley with stock injectors be a good idea an is the ACM required to have? I noticed it doesn't come with it
It would be a good idea to get the larger injectors now, you should need them.

And you should also get Hondata Kpro, It will never run as it should without it.

·
Always on TDY...
2,164 Posts
Would running the 3.6" pulley with stock injectors be a good idea an is the ACM required to have? I noticed it doesn't come with it
It would be a good idea to get the larger injectors now, you should need them.

And you should also get Hondata Kpro, It will never run as it should without it.
Agreed. I'd recommend at least 725cc injectors or higher. I run 775cc with stock fuel pump. I'd also recommend getting the 3.15" boost pulley... I'm running a 3" boost pulley now on my setup and had a 3.2" boost pulley prior. Learn from those that tried to go cheaper (mhmm guilty here), but still ended up spending more to get the setup right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts