Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

wanting to hookup head unit,amp,sub

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  MarcD 
#1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered, but i am a little confused. My system is completely stock

Ive been doing some searching about how the rsx-s stereo is wired up, ive installed many head units/basic sub amp systems myself, so im pretty sure i can do this.

I guess my confusion comes in with the stock bose amp. How exactly do i need to wire around/through this? Do i need to bypass this? Is there a harness that can bypass this? Can i just remove it completely and wire like i would do for an old Honda? I'm used to just buying a wire harness, plugging it in, splicing wires from the harness to headunit, running RCA/signal wire from head unit to amp, running power to the amp ect,grounding the amp ect...

#2 ·
Posted from an iPhone

You'll have to cut some wires, but not all according to one of the ancient Bose amp bypass DIY. But within that DIY thread, there were some instructions on how to keep the Bose amp to power the Bose subwoofer. If you do enough searches, you'll probably see what I'm talking about. Other than that, be patient and you will see a new DIY thread with clearer instructions.

To date, there is no known wiring harness for the Bose amp. Only a wiring harness for the audio system in the center console.

#7 ·
You'll have to cut some wires, but not all according to one of the ancient Bose amp bypass DIY. But within that DIY thread, there were some instructions on how to keep the Bose amp to power the Bose subwoofer. If you do enough searches, you'll probably see what I'm talking about. Other than that, be patient and you will see a new DIY thread with clearer instructions.

To date, there is no known wiring harness for the Bose amp. Only a wiring harness for the audio system in the center console.
There is a harness that lets you run the bose amp off of the RCA outs on an aftermarket head unit.

#4 ·
If you unplug the Bose amp/sub, then I hope you're running new wires to the speakers, or find a wiring harness that hooks up the wiring harness from the audio deck to the wiring harness on the floor to the speakers.

Someone with more expertise may clarify, but I think that's what is going to happen.

#6 · (Edited)
as long as u could make the aftermarket head unit work just like how the stock one does you could buy a harness or cut and splice like how you do on oldschool car than all u have to do is, on your aftermarket amp hook up the remote and +12 together to the orange wire on the bose amp connector in your truck and the black wire on amp to the black wire connector and find a rca wire red or white dont matter splice it and hook up to where the bose sub wire is positive and negitive than run your aftermarket sub and your good to go!!!! if ur interested lmk ill give more details. this way you wont have to remove all your stock bose system and run long ass wire to your battery and head unit!! nice,easy,and clean

#9 ·
Sorry, I should have specified more clearly that I meant wiring harness from the audio system to the BOSE wiring harness. As for the Metra one with the RCA tap in, then I would have to run new RCA wiring. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.