Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
RSX NV
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is a repeat. I am trying to understand my warranty because I think I may need some work on my brakes. I bought a brand new 2005 Type-S and have 26K miles and am starting to feel the wearing of the brakes. My brother bought a new 05 WRX and has 30K miles and he just found out that they do brakes under warranty up to his 36K or 3 year time. Will Acura do brake work under warranty or do they consider this car pretty much a Honda brand and will charge extra. I am going to start looking in my manual or warranty paperwork because when my dad bought his new 2002 Accord Coupe brakes are not part of warranty and, I am hoping Acura does not do the same as they do with Honda. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I apologize if this is a repeat. I am trying to understand my warranty because I think I may need some work on my brakes. I bought a brand new 2005 Type-S and have 26K miles and am starting to feel the wearing of the brakes. My brother bought a new 05 WRX and has 30K miles and he just found out that they do brakes under warranty up to his 36K or 3 year time. Will Acura do brake work under warranty or do they consider this car pretty much a Honda brand and will charge extra. I am going to start looking in my manual or warranty paperwork because when my dad bought his new 2002 Accord Coupe brakes are not part of warranty and, I am hoping Acura does not do the same as they do with Honda. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.
Call your dealership

·
RSX NV
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Call your dealership
Why should I call my dealership? Are you saying each dealer works differently? (that would be terrible if it's true and I have to start calling the dealerships around me and see which one does it for free)

·
Zilla 4 Rilla ©rew #0
16,800 Posts
Why should I call my dealership? Are you saying each dealer works differently? (that would be terrible if it's true and I have to start calling the dealerships around me and see which one does it for free)
uhh yea, thats pretty much EXACTLY what hes saying

·
RSX NV
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
uhh yea, thats pretty much EXACTLY what hes saying
That's bogus. One of the most ridiculous things I have heard yet. So...is there a key way to talk about this with the dealers? What magic words or phrases do I throw at the Service Department to increase my chances to get this done for free?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
That's bogus. One of the most ridiculous things I have heard yet. So...is there a key way to talk about this with the dealers? What magic words or phrases do I throw at the Service Department to increase my chances to get this done for free?
You just have to call and say you think there is a factory problem with your brakes and you'd like it fixed under warranty. They might be covered under warranty, but I'd put money on them saying it was user abuse.

edited: If you think its bogus or ridiculous that different dealerships have different polices you obviously haven't dealt with any dealerships before.

1,493 Posts
I had my brake pads replaced under warranty on my last RSX at 30k miles :thumbsup: If you develop a good relationship with the service techs and fix their computers for them, the sky is the limit :p

·
i got killer fish
1,318 Posts
brakes are not under warrenty around my parts...just upgrade and slap them on your self, should be fun :)

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
I hate to brake the news but for the most part* brakes are wear items and are NOT covered under warranty. For all they know, you take your car to the track every other weekend....

good luck none the less... if you say you think theres a factory problem then they'll at least take a look at it. :thumbsup:

·
I'll never fall in line
2,069 Posts
Does anyone know how much the extended warranty is (up to 100,00) miles?

How much does it cost and at what point can you add it on? I have the standard 4 yr/50k warranty now.
I think I paid 1100 extra for it, worth it if 1 major thing occurs. But I think it needed to be added within a certain number of days after the car was purchased. You'd have to call and find out.

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
Does anyone know how much the extended warranty is (up to 100,00) miles?

How much does it cost and at what point can you add it on? I have the standard 4 yr/50k warranty now.

I have a 2006 rsx-s my waranthy is either 4 years or 50 miles what comes faster.
so far 0-2 :wavey:

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
i had mine replaced under warranty, because they were completely worn by 17k or something. But when it happened again, they wouldn't change it. Honestly though, I was surprised they did the first time. it's a normal wear item

1 - 18 of 18 Posts