Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not my picture, so I'm not entirely sure... but it kinda looks like one to me!

R.I.P.

·
Lick it or Flick it
5,263 Posts
If it's not an rsx it may be a honda insight. Looks like an rsx to me though

Unfortunately :shakehead

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The wheels do kind of look like Insight wheels.... I never realized how similar their windows are to the RSX. If you're right, that's a huge relief :rotfl:

I don't see a gas cap on the right side like the Insight, though... but I suppose it could have been relocated.

·
Registered
163 Posts
thats an insight, still a shame, a real shame, the insight is actually a really cool car, the design is amazing actually.

the entire frame is designed like the NSX, fully tig welded aluminium, and all the suspension components are aluminium, including the steering knuckles.

you should check out the K-sight, yes a k20 powered insight.

·
Curious Gooner
3,709 Posts
improve aerodynamics to improve MPG on a already efficient insight. lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sure it's not the prettiest thing, but the guy is probably getting +100mpg and it's tough to make fun of that. I love those insights, really cool cars.

Google "boat tail mpg" and there's quite a few similar to this out there and everyone seems to report 15-20% mpg increases.

·
Registered
329 Posts
yeah, that's definitely a 1st gen Insight. He's probably a hyper-miling ecomodder. those cars could crack 60 MPG stock, so with more aero mods and a diligent driver 100MPG could be doable. I met a guy (back when I sold Hondas) that said he drafted a semi from MO to NC and averaged almost 91 MPG! (@900 miles/@10gals).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts