Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Its vivid.....
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to school in florida (from VA), taped up my front bumper, mirrors, and a little of my hood.... All this so far took about 2/3 of a roll...

think i should tape anything else?

·
2,848 Posts
Your mouth needs to be taped shut...j/k :laughing:

Might want to tape up the headlights (only if you are doing a daytime drive in nice weather) and foglights (if you have them).

·
Its vivid.....
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
well, imma start at like 10 am....but itll be dark by the end......so im not gonna tape my head lights...oh crap...i forgot to put the pic up...haha...stupid me.

·
M&M Avy Crew
5,769 Posts
isnt the tape bad for the paint if its on there for a prolonged period of time?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Is this to prevent rock chips? If so, I hope you have another daily driver then.

Just delaying the inevatable...

maybe the 3M Clear Bra (no experience with it) would be a good alternative for you?

·
Its vivid.....
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
naw, i dont have another car.......but i wont be driving it that much after this trip down there, cuz i have to ride the bus to campus (no parking).........I looked into the clear bra, but you can still see them on the paint, so i dont want to do that....this tape is basically to save the car from the trip....800 miles at 80+ is bound to mess up a car....right?

·
Registered
839 Posts
You might want to get a little higher up on the fenders.

I find I get more chips from in-town driving that road trips. Then again, Colorado Springs streets may as well be gravel roads during winter and the 3 months that follow.

·
Mmm, 3rd lobe...
10,462 Posts
My grill took a nasty hit from a rock. I ended up fixing it with my little butane heat gun and a butter knife. Masking tape definitely wouldn't save you from that one.

I've also got rock chips high up on the hood as well.

I dunno what to say other than no matter how hard you try, you can't enjoy/drive it, and not have shit happen to it.

·
Its vivid.....
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VTEC_Inside said:
I dunno what to say other than no matter how hard you try, you can't enjoy/drive it, and not have shit happen to it.
dammit...someone needs to invent chip-proof paint.......actually....that is now my life's goal.......

·
baby buffett
13,382 Posts
i did the same thing

saved me hours on cleaning up bits of bugs.

·
an advanced thanks 4 rep!
2,835 Posts
just to let you know. FL has the worst highways so it is idle that you tape up as much as u can. dont drive behind the trucks and i think u should be fine but theres always construction and with construction there will always be debris flying. best of luck at UF.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts