Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Quack Quack
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roads around my house are horrendous, choked with dust from all the construction going on and what not. And, since my car is black, it manages to pick up all that dust. Anyways, my question is, is it really bad for the paint if I'm washing my car once a week or even more?

·
Korican
874 Posts
Just wax every three months. When I first got my car, I would give her a good wash on monday. Then a quick wash on wensday night (spray wash, just soap and water). Then another quick spray on Friday night, with two to three times cleaning the interior :D

·
zoom..........zoom...zoom
5,050 Posts
cleaning a car too much is never bad but make sure you arent using anything that strips the clearcoat.

·
i ❤ macro.
15,894 Posts
All carwashes will strip some wax, even if it's a small amount per wash. The more you wash, the more you'll need to wax.

You should wash your car as often as possible. If you use a wax like Meguiar's or Mothers, realize that it will only realistically last about a month if your car is continually parked outside, maybe a little more.

Zaino lasts longer and will give more protection, but may not give you the depth you crave specifically for darker cars.

Use carwash to wash your car. If you are applying a fresh new coat of wax, you may use dishwashing liquid since it will give you a clean surface to work with. Make sure you follow up with the wax the same day, b/c your paint will unprotected for that brief period of time.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
washing too much is not possible . . .

just doing it the right way is KEY - especially with black . . .to avoid marking it while cleaning it . . .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts