Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I have a 2002 boosted type s. Lately sometimes during idle after starting up, there’s a quiet vibrating noise that goes away or doesn’t happen at every start up. But lately after letting off the gas in gear it makes a vibrating/whirring/droning type noise that only happens when I let off the gas. (Not a wheel bearing) I’m still able to hit boost and I do hear the wastegate opening up, and BOV, but this noise has me thrown off. I looked under the hood and at idle I never noticed air coming from the BOV before. (I could be wrong) After all my research, I’ve heard different things like I may need a new wastegate spring or the BOV May be bad. I’ve heard mixed reviews because I heard that the noise happens due to the exhaust pulses cause the wastegate to open ever so slightly then close thus making the noise. So I’ve heard the wastegate could need cleaned and adjusted/new spring or the bov is going bad. If anyone could give me some insight of what I need to do or any experience I’d greatly appreciate it!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts