Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I one day drove to barstow to do a bit of shopping, on my way back, behind a truck, a rock hit the front glass of my car and now there's a hole. It hasn't spread in a month but it's annoying to have it there...any suggestion?

·
Registered
435 Posts
RocKaFeLLa said:
llol no...how to get it filled?
You'll have to take it to a glass repair shop and have them do it. They fill it with some sort of clear ploymer. It's pretty inexpensive and much cheaper than replacing the whole windshield. Do you have glass coverage on your car insurance? This will definitely be covered under that.

·
Registered
435 Posts
RocKaFeLLa said:
i dont want to bring my insurance in because eventually my insurance will raise up
I wouldn't worry too much about your insurance going up from this. On my old Nissan, I had several chips filled and then eventually, about a year later, I had the whole winsheild replaced. My insurance did not go up at all. Even if you don't want to use your insurance... it is still pretty inexpensive if you pay for it your self.

·
yawn..
22,903 Posts
report it to insurance, if you have full coverage you should get it replaced free

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
report it they will pay to get it filled beacuse then they dont have to pay to replace the whole thing later if it gets worse

·
baby buffett
13,383 Posts
fill it in as fast as you can if you cant have it fixed now, if you let it stay it'll just keep cracking and cracking till it breaks and you'll have to drive around with saran wrap as a windshield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts