Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wow.. I did so bad.

I had less grip than my friend running STS with less camber and smaller tires and no LSD.

The track was very loose and terribly bumpy. My raw time was not bad, but pax owns me so hard.

I had my RSD dampening in the front set to 10 when it was supposed to be at 4 (for this venue)
I didn't realize this mistake until I started running, and because it was small run group, I didn't have enough time to change front shock settings.

I tried to compensate by running full stiff rear, but it just made the car more loose. What I needed was more front-end grip.

Suspension was overburdening the tires for sure.

I haven't checked results yet, but I'll post up later. My first run was shit, my second run was off course, I coned my 3rd run. 4th run was my best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teJMzCtiTDw

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd also like to mention, during fun runs I drove my friend's STS RSX same with Reijo (2007 US National Champion).

We got 1 run each.. he pwned me by 2 seconds. What an eye opener to how bad of a driver I am.

Reijo is a local driver but he did well representing drivers from Alberta, Canada in US nationals last year!. :D

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
that seems like a confusing course, although I guess not actually seeing it in person would make it more difficult to get a sense for it

seems like your tires were not very happy during your runs tho...

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
Kindof confusing.. doubled back on itself twice.
yea it seemed like there were a few figure 8's or whatever. I tried to watch it again to figure it all out but couldnt... so I guess I would have failed too ha

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea it seemed like there were a few figure 8's or whatever. I tried to watch it again to figure it all out but couldnt... so I guess I would have failed too ha
it wasnt the course that made me fail.

It was the venue, suspension and tires.

All 3 combined = super shitty handling car.

·
SC Crew #20
1,675 Posts
I see you do some off road racing with your car... did you have on gravel/dirt/snow tires on the car and is that why they were making so much noise? or just crappy tires

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see you do some off road racing with your car... did you have on gravel/dirt/snow tires on the car and is that why they were making so much noise? or just crappy tires
245/45-16 Hankook RS-2 front
225/50-16 Hankook RS-2 rear

Drove my friend's STS RSX without LSD and only 225 Kumho SPTs and his car felt gripper than mine.

·
Sekushi 909/951 Installer
3,676 Posts
245/45-16 Hankook RS-2 front
225/50-16 Hankook RS-2 rear

Drove my friend's STS RSX without LSD and only 225 Kumho SPTs and his car felt gripper than mine.
reversed staggered ? What rim size?

I am running 17x9 +35mm up front and 17x8 +35mm rear. Azenis RT615 255/40 front and 235/40 rear. I am plannin on getting 17x9 all around. Of coruse with the rear i will need 10mm spacers and more camber so it wont be touching the lca.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
reversed staggered ? What rim size?

I am running 17x9 +35mm up front and 17x8 +35mm rear. Azenis RT615 255/40 front and 235/40 rear. I am plannin on getting 17x9 all around. Of coruse with the rear i will need 10mm spacers and more camber so it wont be touching the lca.
16x8 + 30 offset all around.

I also don't have a front sway bar.

I have Super Pro caster increasing bushings.

Running 4.22 and 4.6 caster
-2.9 camber front and -1.85 rear

LSD

Roll center adjusters
Lowered 1.6 inches

REDICULARS!
The suspension way too rough for that fucking rough and slick of a course!
There is something wrong when your first run in fun runs in your friend's STS RSX is 3 seconds faster than the first run in your own car.

·
Semi Kind of Retired
222,529 Posts
Meh not so bad. I could tell how bad the parking lot (or whatever that is) was. I bet you still had a blast out there

·
Here goes nothing
5,412 Posts
We all have shitty days. It sucks because you invest so much time prepping and pretty much waste your entire weekend.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Meh not so bad. I could tell how bad the parking lot (or whatever that is) was. I bet you still had a blast out there
haha not really, it was actually very frustrating

We all have shitty days. It sucks because you invest so much time prepping and pretty much waste your entire weekend.
yea.. 500km (300miles?) round way trip to and from event. Full tank of gas.
$30 entry. A shredded accessory belt, for 4 very frustrating runs. :(

1 - 20 of 63 Posts