Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was washing my car and i noticed condensation in my drivers side tail light. then i parked next to another 06 and it also had condensation in its driver's side tail...how common is this problem.

takin it into acura tomorrow

·
Registered
372 Posts
saw one on the freeway with a bunch of water in it, but so far never ran into that problem. *knocks on wood*

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
yea i just picked up my 05 last week. i just noticed yesturday that it has condensation but in my passanger rear. I didnt think that was covered under warrenty???

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
why wouldnt it be? its a defect in the car..the tail light is not a wear item

the only way it wouldnt be covered is if u are passed 50k, because its obviously not part of the powertrain

·
Registered
349 Posts
Just got mine replaced last week. I was rear ended about 6 months back, so I don't know if it was from that or just cause they suck. The report I got back said my lenses had hairline fractures :dontknow:

O well, they replaced them no problem and they did say it's been common.

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
i was wondering...i have been racking my brain about wth they meant by body integrity...guess i have my answer

a lot better then my se-r that ate its motor in 42k

it will be back on the reliable list in a few years once the problems even out with other brands..the 05 was rated bad last year and its already evened out

the only other problem ive had was the center caps faded in the carwash..but that could have been the fault of the car wash

·
Registered
6,167 Posts
i was wondering...i have been racking my brain about wth they meant by body integrity...guess i have my answer

a lot better then my se-r that ate its motor in 42k

it will be back on the reliable list in a few years once the problems even out with other brands..the 05 was rated bad last year and its already evened out

the only other problem ive had was the center caps faded in the carwash..but that could have been the fault of the car wash
I think so.

I don't think they changed those and it seems to be an isolated incident :thumbsup:

·
aka Batman on weekends
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
i was washing my car and i noticed condensation in my drivers side tail light. then i parked next to another 06 and it also had condensation in its driver's side tail...how common is this problem.

takin it into acura tomorrow
yea its really common but at least in miami they take the car in chage the light and return it in less than an hour so its no biggie

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
i had it happen to both of my tails at differnt times.. so 2 trips to dealer + like 20 trips for other stuff... ya its not as bullet proof as i thought....

my car spent 3 days last week in the dealer and now i gotta go back cuz my window is fuked

1 - 20 of 52 Posts