Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 RSX and long story short. I have a lot of water coming into my car only during heavy rain. It's in the trunk where the spare tire is and on my floor. I'm assuming my seats are damped and windows are wet from the inside due to the concentration, anyone know why there's water coming inside my car? I've checked for cracks and everything but cant find any, please help馃檹

Registered
No problem. It's your tail light seals. Only get them from the dealer, they are pricey. If you go aftermarket, that I did..You have put sealant on them Permatex black works well. Fit them the best you can. The bitch is getting the nuts out from inside the bumper. There's 2 per side and you have to get up in there with a ratchet. It's not that hard to pull the bumper if there rusted. I got them w/out but had to cut them. (not EZ, take off the bumper) The rest is just taking the side and rear panels off and 10.mm all around. Check your bulbs why your at it! PEACE ( this is a bigwheel guaranteed fix- brought to you by a non associated spokes person) I'm lit....but this is it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Okay will do! Thank you! I'm just curious to how so much water can get in. Literally reached the flooring of my front seats and back. Completely filled with water as if someone poured a bucket of water inside my car

Registered
Okay will do! Thank you! I'm just curious to how so much water can get in. Literally reached the flooring of my front seats and back. Completely filled with water as if someone poured a bucket of water inside my car
O.K wait a minute! I resend my previous offer. It is a well known problem, feel free to search. I'm not the only one. BUCKETS! I had a 1/4 inch at best any old time it rained until I fixed it. If your getting that much you must have drove it through a puddle. ( don't ask long story.) Dry it out. Pull the trunk apart as far as did your amp get soaked (Type S I assume ) Lift the cover off it pull the spare and tools, dope and whatever else is in there. Close it pour water in the "leak zones". Sunroof (probably not) Rear hatch, open the hatch and pour over taillight edges underneath. All separately start at the top, let it sit then look. Also check all seals while your prepping for tears , strange wear patterns, That's a lot of water. Do you have a busted hatch with a brick in the trunk?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Like in total it was like a bucket of water. It was in the front and back. Seats wear really damped and where my spare tire was there was a lot of water too. I'll try fixing the tail light gaskets and let you know how it goes. Thank you馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
How would I check them and clean them out? I'm sure they would need some cleaning. My car just sits outside since I ride my bike everywhere and just drive my car when it rains or I go out of town.

Registered
How would I check them and clean them out? I'm sure they would need some cleaning. My car just sits outside since I ride my bike everywhere and just drive my car when it rains or I go out of town.
You're going to have to pull the headliner down. That includes the A pillars, driver/passenger visors, and i believe you'll also need to pull the interior pieces from the trunk. It'll be easier with a friend.

Registered
Upon a better description...He's on it. Why have you been in the shadows lately? Lord knows I got some questions for you too!
I only post for two reasons.

1. I can help with the subject of the post/correct misinformation in the post.
2. To be a douche nozzle to people that are too lazy to search for an over discussed topic with simple solutions.

Registered
I only post for two reasons.

1. I can help with the subject of the post/correct misinformation in the post.
2. To be a douche nozzle to people that are too lazy to search for an over discussed topic with simple solutions.
When I referred to : To "He's on it" I was referring to you..I've learned this about you and your prior post record. In the beginning he did not specify the amount, but that it was in the trunk. That is common and an ez fix. Then the gravity came in. The sunroof seldom fails but I had to fix an after market one once where the water was puddling do to no drain hoses at all installed. As always you have my respect and if I act like a D-Bag sometimes believe me I know. It's a personality fault that I'm working on? Thankyou

Registered
I have an 06 RSX and long story short. I have a lot of water coming into my car only during heavy rain. It's in the trunk where the spare tire is and on my floor. I'm assuming my seats are damped and windows are wet from the inside due to the concentration, anyone know why there's water coming inside my car? I've checked for cracks and everything but cant find any, please help馃檹
Make sure your shift linkage rubber is still in place or in good condition.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
Update: Before proceeding with replacing the tail light gaskets I checked by pouring a good amount of water on each side and letting the water go in, but no water came into my car that way so it must be something else?

Registered
Update: Before proceeding with replacing the tail light gaskets I checked by pouring a good amount of water on each side and letting the water go in, but no water came into my car that way so it must be something else?
It's EZ to pull the far rear panels as if you were changing tail light bulbs. You can see the seals. If they are dried out then they need replaced. You can get off brand for 20 bucks. If you have sunroof drains clogged water will puddle on it instead of draining and leak in. Mine sits out 75% off the time, never an issue. Again check all seals. Door glass and weather strip. Same for around the trunk. Check that your bumper stops are set right so that it's completely closing and sealed. A car of that vintage is a prime candidate for the tail light seals all I know. It's been reported time and time again. Keep "plugging" away at that leak!

Registered
I had the same issue with my RSX, but with less water. I'm guessing you never notice water was getting into the trunk & let it build up. This is a common issue with RSX's. I fixed my issue permanently, haven't had any water get in for the past 3 years. So what you'll want to do is replace both tail light gaskets with new oem ones. After that I used clear caulk to seal all the gaps around the tail light housing where water could possibly leak into the trunk without inhibiting the trunk's ability to close or messing up the weather striping. This will keep any water from getting in. Unfortunately from the factory some of these RSX's had gaps in their paneling. You got one of the unlucky ones.

Registered
I had the same issue with my RSX, but with less water. I'm guessing you never notice water was getting into the trunk & let it build up. This is a common issue with RSX's. I fixed my issue permanently, haven't had any water get in for the past 3 years. So what you'll want to do is replace both tail light gaskets with new oem ones. After that I used clear caulk to seal all the gaps around the tail light housing where water could possibly leak into the trunk without inhibiting the trunk's ability to close or messing up the weather striping. This will keep any water from getting in. Unfortunately from the factory some of these RSX's had gaps in their paneling. You got one of the unlucky ones.
Thanx for the back up! You went a step further than I. I did put silicone around every opening where the gasket presses and you don't want to over tighten and cut the gasket. I went after market, so far so good. Time will tell because the fit was a bit off....Happy Holliday's.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter #19
I still have yet to swap out the tail light gaskets. Decided to just go with OEM ones though, but it's still concerning how water from my trunk gets to the front where the driver and passenger flooring is. Especially when my car is parked on a steep hill so the water cant possibly travel upwards, only down. Any ideas on how water is getting in the front? Specifically the flooring. (Water is all in the car. Front, back, and trunk)

Registered
I still have yet to swap out the tail light gaskets. Decided to just go with OEM ones though, but it's still concerning how water from my trunk gets to the front where the driver and passenger flooring is. Especially when my car is parked on a steep hill so the water cant possibly travel upwards, only down. Any ideas on how water is getting in the front? Specifically the flooring. (Water is all in the car. Front, back, and trunk)
Do you have the rubber grommets on the firewall? There should be 2 that both have a harness running through it. Passenger side and driver side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts