Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What it doo ya foo?
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a couple of friends sit in the back seat and they told me it was making their butts wet. So I looked underneath where the spare tire is and found that it was full of water and I took out the rear seats and found some water there as well. It seems there is mold (but not sure) that is rising through the mesh holes of the rear leather seats, but I am not entirely sure. Does this look like mold to you guys ? It does have a shade of green but mostly white. Doesn't smell though

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
Mold grows on leather pretty easily. TSP, chlorine or ammonia should kill it. Don't mix them together, though.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I agree with Megatroidskittle about using a vacuum cleaner. First thing to do is to let the seats dry thoroughly. Once dry, using a soft brush and a vacuum cleaner remove as much powder from the leather surface as you can. Next, use a good quality leather cleaner/conditioner to treat the leather. I would not recommend using regular household cleaners to clean leather. They will dry out the leather and damage it.

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've got money on tail light gaskets. I've used 1 part isopropyl alcohol with 1 part water on leather before to remove mold/mildew (after thoroughly drying). To make sure the car is dry, you can blast the heat with the AC on, which will draw the humidity out.

·
Broke College Student
573 Posts
I've got money on tail light gaskets. I've used 1 part isopropyl alcohol with 1 part water on leather before to remove mold/mildew (after thoroughly drying). To make sure the car is dry, you can blast the heat with the AC on, which will draw the humidity out.
:iamwiths:
Most likely tail light gaskets thats what mine was replaced them, and no water in the trunk ever since

1 - 10 of 10 Posts