Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my tail lights flooded and I drained them out as much as I could and threw in the dryer and their almost completely dry (I have a shoe rack so it doesn't fly around). Problem is now there's water spots, any ideas on how to fix it? Originally I was gonna flood them with rubbing alcohol, drain and then dry through the dryer, but does alcohol clean water spots and would it affect the chrome or plastic with high heat?

And if that doesn't work I guess I have to bake them then right?

Doesn't this count as a manufacturing defect? I used to get slight fogging until now and my warranty just ended March. I went to Acura and the guy was about to replace them like it was a common problem. What's up with that?

·
Luxury JDM Life =)
947 Posts
it could be one of three things. number one(most common) is if you changed any bulbs when you placed the socket back it wasnt turned tight enough to lock off the gap. number two theres a crack or small split somewhere on the lights the you arent seeing. and number three(2nd most common) is the the lights itself arent sealed properly around the housing and tail light itself. nd as far as getting the spots out i'm not to sure. you can stick part of a long cloth in the light wrapped around a screwdriver or something and try to wipe the spots out.

you should have used an air blower to dry the lights out if you had one. there wouldnt have been any spots left.

Gl hope you get the problem solved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts