Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
lately when it rains my passenger seat belt feels damp... when you pull it to put it on its damp at the part where the belt goes in the slot... i felt around near the ground and around that area and there was no water so my only guess is water went into the part where the seat belt goes in... anyway to fix this? and how water is getting in that?

·
Love ///My new car
2,725 Posts
lately when it rains my passenger seat belt feels damp... when you pull it to put it on its damp at the part where the belt goes in the slot... i felt around near the ground and around that area and there was no water so my only guess is water went into the part where the seat belt goes in... anyway to fix this? and how water is getting in that?
so you checked around the ground and the water isn't coming from there and that wouldn't make sense for the water to crawl upward to the part that you pull anyway. is the belt the only thing that gets wet? maybe your weather stripping has a tear and as you drive water slips in a crack and gets to where the belt is grounded:dontknow: explain more if you can, how many times has this happened?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the last 2 times it rained the seat belt has been wet... i know theres no water coming in from the passenger window... i felt all around and just the center part of the belit is wet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts