Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the best handling/NON LOWRIDER but low kinda drop

also do they offer the fightex with helpersprings and remote reservouars?

·
I <3 Red Stuff
4,635 Posts
yes, the best coilover depends on what you need. if you're tracking the car, you would go with some high end super stiff shit. for others the best coilover could be just tein ss for daily driving and good handling. the best is based on what you need.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gentleman there is a best. ZEAL V6 is the best coilover system for the RSX the reason you dont here about it is cause nobody can afford it(including me). Nothing is better than Zeal. Actually to have Tein in japan is like having a KYB setup here

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
zeal, apex or toda? btw it makes a big difference if this will be a track car only or street car, or both. i guess track car, you get the mugen race coilovers????

·
Because Racecar
1,994 Posts
if its a street car i would personally go with zeal v6, as for race moton dampers

·
behind your rearview
9,244 Posts
mmmmm zeals... but as for the best coilover, there is no such thing, there's the best coilover for your purpose, but you can have zeals with crazy spring rates but then it wouldn't really be streetable, buddy clubs are good as well but their spring rates are 10Kf 16Kr and cheapest i saw was $1700... those are streetable from what I hear.. but it depends on what you're using it for and if your willing to rebuild the higher end coilovers not designed to take bumps... and only made to see smoooooth tracks..

·
Car = Stock back in 2004
1,630 Posts
S2peed said:
Gentleman there is a best. ZEAL V6 is the best coilover system for the RSX the reason you dont here about it is cause nobody can afford it(including me). Nothing is better than Zeal. Actually to have Tein in japan is like having a KYB setup here
i agree... ZEAL :drool:

·
Registered
6,662 Posts
what you plan on doing with the car? track queen? or straight line driving? daily driving? there are so many types of suspension setups...and did you consider changing swaybars? strut towers? poly bushings? since money isn't an issue...think about what you will be doing with the car...that's usually the first step towards the BEST coilover, or suspension setup...

·
Metally Guitarded
7,450 Posts
zeroryde said:
mmmmm zeals... but as for the best coilover, there is no such thing, there's the best coilover for your purpose, but you can have zeals with crazy spring rates but then it wouldn't really be streetable, buddy clubs are good as well but their spring rates are 10Kf 16Kr and cheapest i saw was $1700... those are streetable from what I hear.. but it depends on what you're using it for and if your willing to rebuild the higher end coilovers not designed to take bumps... and only made to see smoooooth tracks..
Where did you find the BC's? I've been looking and the few places that I found they are out of stock and are no longer going to carry them. I'm looking to buy real soon and can't find anywhere to sell me these.

·
Registered
87 Posts
if cost doesn't matter, then custom Moton or custom Penske's, or even custom Koni's. they all make specific racing applications that are crazy nice but you gotta shell out some serious cash for them.

·
Late Apexer
5,962 Posts
tommaso05 said:
if cost doesn't matter, then custom Moton or custom Penske's, or even custom Koni's. they all make specific racing applications that are crazy nice but you gotta shell out some serious cash for them.
Pretty much exactly what I was going to say... The best suspension is the one you build to suit your needs.
:thumbsup:

·
BIG POPPA®
4,248 Posts
zeroryde said:
buddy clubs are good as well but their spring rates are 10Kf 16Kr and cheapest i saw was $1700... those are streetable from what I hear..
10Kf & 16Kr.......streetable???

I guess if your streets are paved with glass.....

·
7 yrs?!?
2,284 Posts
If your crazy and dont care about the ride quality - just look for the N1 at the end of the product name. Everyone has pretty much covered the sweetest coilovers. I would personally go Zeal or Spoon, that is if money was of no importance. Spoon at has interchangable springs with crazy spring rates, thats probably what would have me sold.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts