Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much hp can you get from a type s without a turbo or super charger??? Or who on here has the most powerfull rsx without any kind of forced induction??

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
well i all depends on how much $ u have. honestly i think if u have enough money. u can make an all motor 400 WHP rsx. that the whole works though like 2.4L stroke, ITB's, stroker kit, really aggressive cams and everything else

·
你是同性戀的
1,689 Posts
really aggressive cams that aren't out yet :(

imagine the wheel hop on 400 whp rsx.....

·
- - - - - - -
3,186 Posts
WHAT type of question is this!?! You ask some hypothetical question, and expect a concrete answer? Man, I hate questions like these!!!!

·
Banned
7,563 Posts
zaxoRSX said:
really aggressive cams that aren't out yet :(

imagine the wheel hop on 400 whp rsx.....

yup yup i on ur side lol. i wish we had better parts but then again most of us wouldnt be able 2 afford them

·
Banned
26,327 Posts
tvg4th said:
How much hp can you get from a type s without a turbo or super charger??? Or who on here has the most powerfull rsx without any kind of forced induction??
my rsx had 554whp all motor, but i had to detune it so now im running 485whp i couldnt handle all that power. I got 250 whp from my Goodyear cams.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
RSXn Mo said:
my rsx had 554whp all motor, but i had to detune it so now im running 485whp i couldnt handle all that power. I got 250 whp from my Goodyear cams.

wow... my RSX made 1324 whp... it went from 0-500 mph in .3 seconds and i did the 1/4 mile in .0034 seconds... and the car weights 590 pounds... lol

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Just drop a F-18 slingshot engine in a Type-S and you won't have to worry about any Turbo although trying to see anything in front of you might be a problem. It makes over 1500 at the engine so how much that is to the tyres, I don't know except that it will be alot.

·
Banned
26,327 Posts
Blackura67 said:
Just drop a F-18 slingshot engine in a Type-S and you won't have to worry about any Turbo although trying to see anything in front of you might be a problem. It makes over 1500 at the engine so how much that is to the tyres, I don't know except that it will be alot.

your sig says that you got a base rsx and you working for a type-s. Do you have a auto or 5 speed.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Okay though seriously, let us add up the numbers.

Lets take numbers at the flywheel. So we start at the good number of 200 HP.

Exhaust adds 10.
CAI adds 5.
Header adds 10.
Hondata adds 35.
Cams add 15.
Spark Plugs add 5.
Grounding Kit adds 2.
Gasket adds 5.
Valve Springs add 5.
Pistons add 10.
Premium Fuel adds 7.

So all in all from our 200 we add 109 and we get 309 at the engine. I wouldn't expect to get over 220 whp easily. At over 300 youreally have to look for ways to muster out any more horses.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Oh I got a stick, that is a 5 speed, from the message above. I'm looking to get a Type-S this Semptember or October and I'll be going all N/A for any engine upgrades.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
No I know those figures are absurd, mainly the premium fuel and spark plugs I know I was just messing around. I really have to read alot more on this site and stop posting.You can tell I'm new here, I'm just trynig to get around or maybe build up my post count but I can see or I guess that doean't matter much here. I'm not going to ask what the figures are, I'm just going to go read some more around to site and find out.

·
Little engine that could
5,122 Posts
Blackura67 said:
Okay though seriously, let us add up the numbers.

Lets take numbers at the flywheel. So we start at the good number of 200 HP.

Exhaust adds 10.
CAI adds 5.
Header adds 10.
Hondata adds 35.
Cams add 15.
Spark Plugs add 5.
Grounding Kit adds 2.
Gasket adds 5.
Valve Springs add 5.
Pistons add 10.
Premium Fuel adds 7.

So all in all from our 200 we add 109 and we get 309 at the engine. I wouldn't expect to get over 220 whp easily. At over 300 youreally have to look for ways to muster out any more horses.
I know that with math, 15+5= 20 but in car tuning it's not necessarily true. For example, if an intake by itself adds 15 hp and a catback by itself adds 5 hp, it doesn't equal 20 extra hp... Its weird but it may only come out to say 17 hp if that. If what you said were true, we'd all have 13 sec or better RSX's... Besides you forgot about the HP that stickers add... :laughing:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts