Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Wax from self-served car washes

525 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  TACT 
#1 ·
Is the wax from the self-served car washes bad for the car? I washed my car and turned the dial to spotless rinse (I thought) but I actually had it at Wax... so I waxed my car with whatever shit they have... the car is really shiny but can it be bad for my car?

#2 ·
naw - dont worry about it

that stuff will be gone next rain anyways . . .:rolleyes:

#3 ·
Most carwashes use a wax when rinsing to aid in drying the car (easier to blow dry with beaded water). The wax option just charges you for it. It is real cheap stuff but will not cause problems. The soap is the big issue. I would avoid the auto carwash and only wash by hand.

#4 · (Edited)
Those of us who live in high rise condos don't have the low pressure hand wash option. Here is what I do. At the self-wash I wet with the pressure wand and then hand wash with a quality car wash soap and artificial chamois. I then rinse and hand dry with clean damp chamois' finishing by wiping out the interior and detailing under the hood. The enitre process takes about 20 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.