Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow... This has got to be the most beautyful thing ever made for the RSX. I did a quick search and some people have this thing but I have not seen an honest before and after DYNO. Any one have one?

Attachments

·
Asian dude
3,145 Posts
Some people have them but dyno charts before and after takes some time. Give it a couple of weeks and there should be something.

·
Gothic Hippie RSX tuner?
1,495 Posts
Yeah, we need dynos............

And there are supposed to be a couple of others right around the corner. I keep hearing talk of a SMSP header. I like this here Toda though. I like the fact that they designed a stiffer sway bar to go along with it. I guess Comptech and JR decided that "header" type of ppl don't care about handling. I feel that a stiffer front sway is part of the key to this cars' handling.

Kudos to Toda for thinking about this. And yes, I know that the whole reason they include the sway is because this is actually the ITR header. But at least they put the time into making sure that it was a better sway than stock. Maybe that's worth even more Kudos. Too bad, Toda thinks it is worth more dollars....but it is Toda after all. This will have to put out a few more HP than Comptech, or at least maybe be quieter. I think I'm more interested in hearing how it sounds, than what gains you'll get. I'm sure they've designed a header that will compete in the HP arena. But the fundamental design differences say that this will sound different than the comptech. Quieter ar louder, we do not know yet.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Have not done a before, but will do an after dyno with that and the Mugen Sports exhaust at the end of this month.

The Toda is on it's way as we speak, and the Mugen was back-ordered so I have to wait for the next shipment that is on it's way to King.

·
DNA all over bish!
10,639 Posts
Yay! Keep us posted man. I made a thread about having a shorty header and a hi flow cat not too long ago. I want to stay legal but everytime I check out the TODA race header the more I want it. It's so damn beautiful.

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
thats a Toda race header? How much do they run and is that a cat built in to it?

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Yes, thats a Toda. $1150 w/o swaybar (needed for Type S) and $1295 with swaybar.

No that is not a cat, that is a flex pipe so the pipe won't get hurt when the engine moves.

·
1,091 Posts
Is this one better than the comptech racing header?

·
1,091 Posts
are they equal length? sorry if these have been asked before but I'm new to the N/A forums

·
Registered
487 Posts
That header is worthy of being in a museum (especially considering the price!!). I'm quite interested in seeing the SMSP. In theory, the tri-y design should offer more midrange at the cost of some top end power (meaning a few HP) vs. the 4 to 1 design of the Comptech.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
that is one of the nicest looking header

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
exist12 - thats what I am saying... Best piece I have seen made for this car.

·
Registered
7,250 Posts
Mine came in UPS yesterday. You should see it in person!!!

NIIIIIICE!

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
Super Mega Sound Pipe....LOL

·
Banned
9 Posts
I was having a hard time justifying the extra $ over the other headers, but considering you get the sway bar; its not really that big of an increase if you would like to have the larger sway

also, you get peace of mind and do not have to worry about whether or not you will get rubbing with whatever sway bar you have or may get in the future....its all taken care of for you!

you can add me to the list of dynoless people........:p

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Sacrifice said:
Yeah, we need dynos............

And there are supposed to be a couple of others right around the corner. I keep hearing talk of a SMSP header. I like this here Toda though. I like the fact that they designed a stiffer sway bar to go along with it. I guess Comptech and JR decided that "header" type of ppl don't care about handling. I feel that a stiffer front sway is part of the key to this cars' handling.
OT: Why would you think a larger, maybe stiffer, front sway bar is better on the RSX? A truly stiffer front sway bar will only add additional understeer to the RSX. Not to mention you will more then likely have to run a much larger rear sway bar, and maybe even higher rear spring rates, to compensate for the larger front bar.

This sway bar was designed to fit their header and that alone.

It looks to be a really nice header though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts