Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good website where i can get good speakers. i want to upgrade my stock speakers. thanxs

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
that's a VERY broad question

before we can help further, you need to specify:
1. what type of speaker? ie: components, midrange, tweeter, sub,...
2. will these run on an amp? if not, than don't bother replacing the speakers as the stock speakers are very efficient and therefore will have much higher output than most aftermarket speakers can, since aftermarket speakers generally require much more power than a headunit can provide
3. what's your price range?
4. what's your ultimate goal? ...high volume? ...high clarity?

after you answer these questions, we can answer you better :)

without these answers, it'll just be a list of websites with the only thing in common being speakers.....but a very general list

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's a VERY broad question

before we can help further, you need to specify:
1. what type of speaker? ie: components, midrange, tweeter, sub,...
2. will these run on an amp? if not, than don't bother replacing the speakers as the stock speakers are very efficient and therefore will have much higher output than most aftermarket speakers can, since aftermarket speakers generally require much more power than a headunit can provide
3. what's your price range?
4. what's your ultimate goal? ...high volume? ...high clarity?

after you answer these questions, we can answer you better :)

without these answers, it'll just be a list of websites with the only thing in common being speakers.....but a very general list
well im looking for something that can match my bass. im running 2 10 inch kicker CompVrs with a sony xplod 1200 watt amp and i would like something that are high in clarity. my price range would be 300 for the speakers and tweeters.

·
popcorn playa
11,572 Posts
ebay. seriously. mb quart q series. sealed box . w/ warranty

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
TS...ok, and these would need to be amped....especially to try to keep up to 2 10's

what i'd recommend atleast (to try and keep in your price range) is the elemental designs e3.65i System and Nine.2 amp. this would only cover the front speakers and amp. the rear speakers should be run directly from the headunit (if you choose to run rear speakers...many don't)

if you choose their Package Builder and choose the speakers and amp i picked above you'll get a 15% discount and it would come to $267.75 before shipping

NOTE: you'll also need wiring (speaker wiring and power wiring to run to the amp)

hope this helped some. those should be able to keep pretty well with your subs and should sound really clear also. eD has a good reputation for quality speakers at an affordable price

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TS...ok, and these would need to be amped....especially to try to keep up to 2 10's

what i'd recommend atleast (to try and keep in your price range) is the elemental designs e3.65i System and Nine.2 amp. this would only cover the front speakers and amp. the rear speakers should be run directly from the headunit (if you choose to run rear speakers...many don't)

if you choose their Package Builder and choose the speakers and amp i picked above you'll get a 15% discount and it would come to $267.75 before shipping

NOTE: you'll also need wiring (speaker wiring and power wiring to run to the amp)

hope this helped some. those should be able to keep pretty well with your subs and should sound really clear also. eD has a good reputation for quality speakers at an affordable price
i think that the elemental designs are looking pretty good.....do they last long.....

·
The Audio Guru
12,945 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts