Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I took out my moonroof/foglight/mirror/cruise control panel to replace the red LED bulb under the fog light button. I replaced the button and plug it all back in..i turn knob to light up my dash and the only thing that lights up on the panel is the fog light button...the green light comes on when i push it but nothing else..so im like wtf?? so i swapped the wires (the cruise/fog light wires are the same) and plugged then into opposite sides and the only thing that lights up is the fog light button..so i know the wires are good...how did this happen? Did all my other LED bubls just blow or something??

·
likes to troubleshoot
2,539 Posts
Do you still have front parking lights, license plate lights, taillights? If not, under-hood fuse 2 is blown. If you do, then the dash light MOSFET in the gauge assy that controls power to all the dash lights that dim is probably blown.

·
asdf
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replugged it in again, and the moonroof/fog light light came on. So idk why it didn't before. As far as my ac/climate control cluster... I replaced the light under the "A/C" becuase it was out, also replaced the one on the left..and now the light between "A/C" and the rear defrost is out as well as rear defrost... I'm assuming I should just replace them all. it seems like putting in a new bulb makes the other ones not work.

could you have accidently grounded out a positive wire and shorted the fuses for the other led's?
Not sure how I would have done that..but if I do tap/slam my hand against the ac/climate cluster some of the lights turn on/off. Maybe the wires on inside are grounding out? Can explain how to fix this issue?

"MOSFET"?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts