Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Backstory:
Was pulling my car in one night and noticed the brightness of my headlights seemed a bit dim and figured one of my headlight bulbs might be out, i checked and noticed my drivers side headlight was out, and when i got back in the car noticed the right turn signal was on (but not flashing) and dim.

Narrowed down:

It happens whens when headlights are turned on, left turn signal remains on but dim. The wipers sometimes go off randomly. Turn signals no longer work, neither does the hazard button or door locks. And when it first happened my drivers side headlight bulb went out. Replaced both the turn signal arm, and wiper arms (combo switch (but not the assembly they got into)). But issue still persists.
It happens whens when headlights are turned on, left turn signal remains on but dim. The wipers sometimes go off randomly. Turn signals no longer work, neither does the hazard button or door locks. And when it first happened my drivers side headlight bulb went out. Replaced both the turn signal arm, and wiper arms (combo switch (but not the assembly they got into)). But issue still persists.

After playing around i noticed as follows:

Turn signals don't work
But right turn signal comes on when locking/ unlocking doors.
Dome light also flashes as if acting like a turn signal
Hazard button doesn't work.

If lights are left on and key is removed all lights stay on
When locking/ unlocking doors oil light flashes too.

Ac doesn't work, sunroof works, windows work, rear wiper works, interior lights work.

The car has to be fully turned off (with lights off) for everything to work properly again.

I'm now leaning towards an mcu but want to make sure before i keep throwing parts at it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts