Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

weird idle w/turbo up and down up and down..

1K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  itsmeek 
#1 ·
hey guys. so my car is idling very weird. it'll go up and down up and down, up and down. what could it be? any suggestions? i checked for a vacuum leak, but that is ruled out. the only thing I can think of is the tb.

#5 ·
i'm running the cn stage 1 w/the larger injectors. when i first started it the idle was perfect for about 5 minutes. i turned the car off, and then on again about 5 minutes later. the second time i turned it on, the idling change was extreme, from 900 to almost 2k then back and forth.

#6 ·
have you changed your plugs? mine was going from 700-1300, because my plugs were bad. I put some new ones in there and everything was perfect. use ngk #7's, part number 4091. those are the plugs that cybernation suggests/uses

o wait you have the larger injectors? 550's or 650's? the 550's idle should be perfect, when I put the 650's in my car the idle was rough like that. jumping from 700-1500. But the guardian eventually learned the idle and fixed the problem on its own. but try changing the plugs again anyways...

#7 ·
hey dc5, i'm going w/whatever injectors that cn sent me for the stage 1 w/guardian. pls note taht I haven't driven the car yet. it's basically on jack stands and i was just testing to see if i would have any immediate problems. i'll try to drive it tonight and see how it goes. thanks bro.

#8 ·
Look closely at your wireing for the Guardian. Go over them carefully. ie. Red with white stripe or white with red stripe. Look at these please.

#11 ·
itsmeek-a couple posts up you said "the larger injectors", but I guess you were referring to the 550's (the ones cn sends standard). But yeh like richard said, and I said earlier jsut check your wiring. :thumbsup: lol

chrisrsx-dont know. My car has never seen a dyno, it drives just like stock though. ;)

#14 ·
I would check the IAC motor.. Mine supposedly went out right before my turbo install.
my car stock would do the same exact thing...I brought my car into the dealer as it happened. It was awfully annoying..to me, I think I was giving the impression that I was wanting to race at every stop..
Mine revved up to about 2300rpms, and then drop down to about 1500 and it would rev up on it's own...

I got my car back and they said they replaced the Idle Air Control Motor.

#16 ·
bump, so i basically remove the tb, unstick the iac valve then put a new gasket for the tb, hook it back up and it should be fine??? one more question, my car idles fine until it warms up. then the idle problem starts, is that what you encountered??

#18 ·
aha, very very possible, how the heck do i check that??? it's weird because it's fine when car is warming up. as soon as the mofo warms up, it starts..

thats exactly what mine does.

#19 ·
itsmeek said:
aha, very very possible, how the heck do i check that??? it's weird because it's fine when car is warming up. as soon as the mofo warms up, it starts..

thats exactly what mine does.

sometimes something , any small item or leaf or whatever will keep the bov open and itll do that, the way to clear it is to go WOT a couple of times to get the piece of wahtever is stuck in there to get out. its hit or miss, usually i just get on the car for a good 2 or 3 gears and it clears it out. sometimes itll just go away randomly cause like i said it could be any little thing.

#24 ·
Check all vacuum lines, like the T fitting that the BOV is tapped into, and check the Thermal Bypass piece which breaks often on our cars....

#25 ·
ok guys, thank you so much for the help. it was the bov valve (i think) i took out the piping and started the car w/out the bov attached and it was fine. i then blew the bov out, reattached and, voila-it was fine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.