Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
why so serious
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed HIDs the other day and the day after this clunking noise came...
if I'm low revving the car or coming down from high rev it sounds like it's metal on metal making the noise, so i thought it was the ballasts, so i moved them and that wasn't it, then I let the car sit for a few, didn't hear it, went up and down the street and is back, I took out my sri intake because my dealer insisted that was it, but it wasn't bc still got the noise with the stock one, and now am at a hault...

any help would be appreciated thanks

matt :thumbsup:

·
why so serious
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i took off the intake manifold cover, because that's what i thought it was, because when i put pressure on it, it seemed to go away, going to check heat shield cover today, thanks guys

·
02 Acura RSX BASE
59 Posts
Probobally a heat shield (on the cat) or a rock in the heatshield.Either take it to an exhaust shop and have them check it....Or wait until your car cools down,climb under it and hit it with your hand.You can usually tell by the sound if it is the heatshield or the cone inside ratteling around...If you cant remove the heatshield and see if the noise goes away.GL!!

·
why so serious
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so brought it to acura and showed them, my buddys a mechanic and said its' the heat shield, so bringing it in the get done tomorrow, thanks a lot guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts