Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
I slang Acuras
760 Posts
what happened on the skunk2 civic type-rr build?

owner says:
After weeks of troubleshooting, I know I have to overhaul my engine to recheck everything. A few flaws with the car is the S2 S1 V1 cams were faulty to begin with--caused my OEM tensioner to jump teeth--bent a few valves--whole lotta mess. Skunk2 also claim they did a porting job on the head--a half a$$ one (they barely ported anything) So, I have to rebuild my head and port & polish it too--got S2 S3 V3 cams, HR tensioner, S2 valves--I thought it was complete until today. I noticed my block is bad--cylinder 1 have bad nicks inside the combustion chamber (seems like the engine has been blown up before and caused floating valves hitting it), cylinder 2 have bad deterioration (coolant leaked inside and saturated and deteriorated the aluminum) cylinder 3 have bad oil leak (explains why Jimmy tends to check the oil every fill up) cuz the piston ring doesn't seal up as it should, cylinder 4 is normal. All in all, I'm quite disappointed with how Skunk2 would build a so-call ultimate ride but can't do it right. At least now, I'm gonna do it right and go bigger... my goal is to turn it into a K25 build--300whp. I'll keep this thread updated with photos once I start with the build.

Flywheel is strip (they use heli-coil), starter held down by only 1 bolt, and little misc things here n there.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts